How to drink water?

2»

Replies

• enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    I was a huge huge soda drinker - like if someone says 'pepsi' or 'coke' my mouth literally waters - and i also hated to drink water. I used the little mios water enhancers or sometimes the crystal lite mixes to start the first time i quit drinking soda. it took about a month, but i kicked it for nearly a year. (I made the mistake of going back to soda for you know, a one time thing that turned into a lot more times than that but am nearly 30 days clear of it now and up to 75 oz water per day)

the enhancers and bottled water made a huge difference. On the days i need a touch of sugar/sodium i mix in some lemonade at a 1:4 part ratio to cut down on the sugar.

And for what it is worth, I tried having some soda last weekend and it was way way too sweet. There is hope OP!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Diet soda, unsweetened flavoured tea, crystal light/mio type additives.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    shaleiric wrote: »
    I know that if I start drinking water it will help hugely with weight loss

Why would it?
    It's not magic!

Staying hydrated (from any source) is important for health but drinking water doesn't help you lose weight.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Not like this:

ov8fyvk98nv8.gif
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Try a product that I use a lot. It's called Stur. It's a zero calorie water flavoring that is all natural and Stevia based. I love it and use it daily.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    I like Smart Water, it is distilled water with electrolytes added

Smart water, Propel, Mio and the like all add some flavoring which is nice. I've started soaking acai green tea bags in my water today actually which was a nice change.
  • megansims1
    megansims1 Posts: 26 Member
    I don't like tap water/room temp water. I love cold water, ice water, sparkling water, soda water!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    How can you not like water? It's tasteless, colorless and odorless. I don't get it.

Not our municipal water and not in the summer especially. Right now it smells and tastes like a swimming pool. We overcame this by installing an under-sink filter in the kitchen. Yes, it required having another hole drilled in our counter but we love that extra little faucet for the filtered water.