Your August 2017 goals

tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
OK this is the third month and I still am looking at reaching the same goal of getting into the 150s. June was a bust, July was a bust, but August will see the 160's gone for good. My vacation caused me a gain and I have 10 pounds to lose to hit 159 and by golly I am going to do it in August.

1. Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian meals
2. Get into the 150's
3. Add more exercise - strength training

What are your goals for the month of August?

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Well, I think I have enough confidence in the process now to try a weight goal again - this is around 7 pounds from where I am today, so hard, but doable!:
    • Hit 174 lbs
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    very doable
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    August is going to look different for me as I will be back in school teaching and not on summer vacation. Things will either be easier as I will be busier, or tougher due to wanting to eat out of emotional stress.

Goals!

#1 Eat my meal at 3:00 every day after school (thus using my lunch as a work period instead of eating). This will mark my eating window from 3:00pm-7:00pm.

#2 Lose 4 pounds

#3 Post often and honestly about my struggles and successes.

Teachers go back to work August 3rd, students begin on August 9th. Let's go!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi!
    For me in August I should keep what I started yesterday 31.07, that is OMAD, starting this way of life and keep going
    I want to lose minimum 4 kg this month
    And I want to enjoy this new style with photos of my meals and a nice attitude
    And I want to relax more and be more Zen
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Aaah! New month brings so many new opportunities! I love these goal threads. :smiley: This month could be a little challenging for me since I am traveling for a week to visit some relatives. But I still want to try to keep my challenges and be up for them.
    My goals this month
    1. Lose 3 to 4 kg to touch 75 kg/165 lbs mark.
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    I have come to the conclusion that OMAD could work for me.

In the last year I have jumped from one diet/regime protocol without success. The latest was Weight Watchers. The next day after attending the meeting I knew it was not for me. Two days later I sent them an email asking them not to debit my account next month. To their credit and my surprise they gave me a full refund!

Last week I did OMAD with an eating window from 5 pm to 7pm. I am still eating too many carbs although staying under 1300 calories. I am going to work on making better choices food wise. My problem is keeping continuity. I just hope that OMAD does become a good habit. My bad habits have been having two croissants for breakfast, muffin at 11 am, chocolate bars every day and that I did for years. Bad habits are hard to break and good habits not so easy to adhere to, in my case.

I am around 180 lbs but do not want to weigh myself as weight does not matter until I see the fat mass around my tummy go away.

Getting great inspiration from meals' pictures.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    No idea what I weigh, so my goals are non-weight related this month. I've decided to make every other month a weight-related one so I can rotate spending time focusing on habits without the pressure of wanting to lose a certain amount and then spending time tightening things up to see a loss. As such, I won't be weighing until August 31.

August goals:
    10K steps at least 5x/week
    Weight train 3x/week
    Stick to IF daily (16:8 on weekdays to support more raw food intake and a larger appetite on workout days and OMAD on weekends)
    Eat at least 51% raw on weekdays
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Ahhh, back to goals. I weighed in at 216.8 yesterday, so my August goal will be to get down to 210. Probably too aggressive since I have been struggling with OMAD lately, but we will see. I would like to continue strength training 3x a week and loose 1/2" from my waist.

Good luck everyone!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Goals for August.

Hit 192 ... 5 lb loss.

No Sugar Substitutes.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I'll put down a goal for August of having my weekly max weight down to 187. Also complete a 2.5 hour run.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    pacific904 wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that OMAD could work for me.

In the last year I have jumped from one diet/regime protocol without success. The latest was Weight Watchers. The next day after attending the meeting I knew it was not for me. Two days later I sent them an email asking them not to debit my account next month. To their credit and my surprise they gave me a full refund!

Last week I did OMAD with an eating window from 5 pm to 7pm. I am still eating too many carbs although staying under 1300 calories. I am going to work on making better choices food wise. My problem is keeping continuity. I just hope that OMAD does become a good habit. My bad habits have been having two croissants for breakfast, muffin at 11 am, chocolate bars every day and that I did for years. Bad habits are hard to break and good habits not so easy to adhere to, in my case.

I am around 180 lbs but do not want to weigh myself as weight does not matter until I see the fat mass around my tummy go away.

Getting great inspiration from meals' pictures.

Don't eat sugar by itself (candy bars or muffins or coissnats) that is a recipe for weight gain for sure. That is like drinking liquor on an empty stomach. Protein and fiber will will buffer the effects of sugar if you have a treat after dinner. Snacking is bad in general, snacking doesn't allow our insulin levels to get low and fat isn't metabolized when insulin is high from what I've read. Fast as long as you can and work on making it longer. If you have to break your fast sooner than you wanted, eat or drink something low carb and it won't effect you as much.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Weight shedding goal- 3 to 4 pounds to get to 176.9 or 175.9

Exercise goal--get through my 2 hardest HIIT strength training workouts without having to modify or stop halfway through harder segments. Lol
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Exercise goal--get through my 2 hardest HIIT strength training workouts without having to modify or stop halfway through harder segments. Lol

Nice goal Sandy. I too would like to achieve the HIIT goal :smile:
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017

I've set up my bike trainer to do a nice kick-*kitten* 24 minute HIIT session. It actually automatically ups the difficulty as I get better. So far have managed to get my HR up to 164 (without actually dying), aiming for close to 180 - not sure if I can get that high any more at my advanced age! I was a spring chicken of 45/46 the last time I managed that number!

My HR chart from my last HIIT on Tues (because I'm a data geek!):
    rl7hgg99aee1.png

Can't wait to see some steeper drops as I get more fit...
  • blambo61
    Looks like a nice workout. Do you do just long easy cardio also?
  • minigrrll
    Yeah, lots of walking - I have a treadmill desk that I walk on (very very slowly - like 3kmph) for a couple of hours in the morning and then I usually do a 3km walk with the dogs and then I do the same walk a couple of hours later with my partner (ha - I walk the dogs and then I walk my partner!).

I also do steady state bike rides sometimes, but I find them fairly boring - the HIIT goes by so much faster...
  • wsandy8512
    mikseyniha wrote: »

Nice goal Sandy. I too would like to achieve the HIIT goal :smile:

Haha, awesome! I love the challenge and the workouts are short, yet possible. I mostly get tripped up by stuff I'm not strong enough to do like doing dips with opposite hand to raised foot, for instance. If someone recorded me attempting that, it'd have made for good comedy. Lol
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »

I've set up my bike trainer to do a nice kick-*kitten* 24 minute HIIT session. It actually automatically ups the difficulty as I get better. So far have managed to get my HR up to 164 (without actually dying), aiming for close to 180 - not sure if I can get that high any more at my advanced age! I was a spring chicken of 45/46 the last time I managed that number!

rl7hgg99aee1.png

Wow, nice! I can't believe how much the high intensity segments get the heart rate so high! It's awesome. I get bored with just about any other kind of working out, too. HIIT is just so much fun! The science behind HIIT is awesome to read about. Have you checked into that part yet?
  • blambo61
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, lots of walking - I have a treadmill desk that I walk on (very very slowly - like 3kmph) for a couple of hours in the morning and then I usually do a 3km walk with the dogs and then I do the same walk a couple of hours later with my partner (ha - I walk the dogs and then I walk my partner!).

I also do steady state bike rides sometimes, but I find them fairly boring - the HIIT goes by so much faster...

HIIT is good but some folks don't realize that it is necessary to have a base of just continuous long cardio workouts so the HIIT can be tolerated better. In running, you typically build a base of long distance, then some hills, then some HIIT sprint work. If you just try to do the HIIT sprint work, you will fail to get into really good shape and will probable get sick and burned out quickly. You can only build a pyramid as big as a base allows. That is why I asked. Sounds like your getting in good base work.
  • minigrrll

rl7hgg99aee1.png

Wow, nice! I can't believe how much the high intensity segments get the heart rate so high! It's awesome. I get bored with just about any other kind of working out, too. HIIT is just so much fun! The science behind HIIT is awesome to read about. Have you checked into that part yet?

Yeah, I've been doing it for at least 10 years (well, I admit I might have taken a few weeks years off in those years...) - it's always the method I use to get fit because it works so very quickly, it's not boring and you can always improve... I really love the fact that I can see measurable differences. I'm such a geek - I have workout and heart rate data going back to around 2003 and before that I have written logs! I get a bit obsessive with all this stuff.