mixing protein powder

jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
is there anything unflavored protein can't be mixed with? root beer?

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Hot coffee.. usually curdles the protein.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Yeah, learned that the hard way. :s
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member

I will remember this and not try it with hot cocoa this winter.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member

I will remember this and not try it with hot cocoa this winter.

Some proteins are specifically designed to be able to be served hot, but most of the ones I have involve mixing cold then heating (some protein coffee mixes), not adding to hot liquid.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Ice, sugar free chocolate syrup, strawberries, blueberries, pretty much any berry, orange juice with berries. I drank mine today with unflavored protein powder, one scoop of chocolate Slim Fast, 5 strawberries and ice. It was great.
  • jerber160
    FireRox21 wrote: »
    Ice, sugar free chocolate syrup, strawberries, blueberries, pretty much any berry, orange juice with berries. I drank mine today with unflavored protein powder, one scoop of chocolate Slim Fast, 5 strawberries and ice. It was great.
    I'm seeing one scoop of slim fast is 100 calories, but 2 tbsp. of nestles quik is only 50 calories. I think I'll try that route. Love the fruit idea.

• jerber160
    I did 6oz diet root beer and ice cubes with one scoop of unflavored PP. It could have been stronger but it was fine and I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the night. good experiment
  • tekki1967
    tekki1967 Posts: 7 Member
    I make my boyfriends vanilla protein shake with frozen fruits and water. He likes it. I don't use the fruit because I am limiting carbs and frozen fruit has added sugar.
  • jerber160
    tonight it was almond milk, 2 tbsp nestles qwik and a tbsp of peanut butter. it was fine.