How many cup sizes did you lose?

I am on a journey to lose at least 140 lbs. My mom blessed me with a couple of credit cards and I wanted to go bra shopping but should I buy so many now? Or well, my real question is how many cup sizes did you lose or was it not a drastic change? I need new bras, but I don't want to buy a bunch that I won't be able to fit a few months from now.

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Ugh, almost all of them :( Lost a lot off the back size 40 to 34. Cup size is a different story. Went from C or D (don't remember) to a B I can barely fill out. Probably TMI. Lost 70+ pounds. I bought 1 new bra at a time; same with pants. Exercise bras and stretch pants came in handy while losing weight. Also used cothing stores. Best wishes
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    At my heaviest I was 223lbs and wore a 38C. When I'm at my goal weight 150ish I wear a 36B. Right now I'm at 160ish and have 36Bs and Cs that fit but none fit perfectly. I've never had a large chest or varied much with weight changes.

How you carry your weight will have an affect. I'm a pear so most of my extra weight is always hips and thighs.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    I didn't lose any cups - I gained. I went down in band size but up in cup size. Even at my smallest, I was always busty though.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    lucypstacy wrote: »
    I didn't lose any cups - I gained. I went down in band size but up in cup size. Even at my smallest, I was always busty though.

Okay, I thought that was just me that happened to. Glad I'm not a complete freak, lo.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2017
    Went down 105 pounds went from a 38 DD to a 32 DD....I had big boobs from a very young age and i was skinny as hell. Pretty much depends if your boobs are boobs or fat storage (dont get technical you know what i mean lol) xD
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Don't buy any new/expensive bras now. Thrift shop bras are a good fill in.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    xNausicaa wrote: »
    I am on a journey to lose at least 140 lbs. My mom blessed me with a couple of credit cards and I wanted to go bra shopping but should I buy so many now? Or well, my real question is how many cup sizes did you lose or was it not a drastic change? I need new bras, but I don't want to buy a bunch that I won't be able to fit a few months from now.

I went from a solid C/D cup to a large bralette in juniors sizes. Yeah, you can't pick where you lose fat. I would suggest buying only 2 at a time slightly smaller than what you are. On the plus side: bralettes cost about $10 each, where normal bras we're costing me $30-$40 each.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I lost one cup size and several band sizes. I wouldn't recommend buying a bunch of nice bras. I made the mistake of buying a nice bra when I was 20lbs down, and ended up having to throw it away when my body changed another 20lbs later.
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Thank you guys so much for the responses. I've heard stories about women going from a DD till like a B so I was worried about how drastic I would be. I do understand it also does depend on your body shape. I am an hour glass my bust and my hips are relatively the same inches. Problem with my size is that I'm a DDD so it's kind of hard to find my size in a thrift store, but I'm still taking in all of your suggestions. So far I do think I'll go with sports bras. Bralettes are super cute, but my tatas need some kind of support lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    It depends. I lost 40 lbs and had no change in cup size. Currently I am 34 weeks pregnant and have had no change in cup size due to that yet either. My boobs are apparently quite stubborn. Other ladies see alot of change in that area. I think you will just have to wait and see what happens.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited August 2017
    Funny, I was wondering similar thing recently because after 20 lbs loss I'm the exact same size (40D), but as I'm losing so slowly I decided I just needed to buy bras that fit me well right now. Anyway, I thought I would pass on that I was happy to discover they sell my favorite department store brand bra at onehanesplace.com for less than $20. I haven't received them yet so I can't comment on the customer service etc. or quality, but it's the same model so I figure it has to be the same bra and it was so much less than I thought it would be that I was just sorry I waited so long to buy them.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Went from 38dd to 32b, frankly -- I couldn't be happier. Boobs just get in the way and everything is proportionally smaller. Bras are $15 at Target, get what you need as you need it.
  • portcreditmom
    portcreditmom Posts: 5 Member
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Ugh, almost all of them :( Lost a lot off the back size 40 to 34. Cup size is a different story. Went from C or D (don't remember) to a B I can barely fill out. Probably TMI. Lost 70+ pounds. I bought 1 new bra at a time; same with pants. Exercise bras and stretch pants came in handy while losing weight. Also used cothing stores. Best wishes

Is there a brand that worked for you when you were 38? I'm apple-shaped at 38 Dand experiencing back pain.

Many thanks.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Have you ever tried the underwire-free styles, like these: https://trueandco.com/bras/true-co/true-body-v-neck-bra/5607?utm_source=google-adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_ProductShopping&utm_term={keyword}&utm_content=80387&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1qurxcTB1QIVzo-zCh2aswSREAQYBCABEgKcafD_BwE. I turned my mom onto them and she's pretty busty too. They fit a lot like sports bras but without the extra compression. I've been using them for years and they aren't nearly as effected by weight changes as standard bras. Plus, they're insanely comfortable.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    85 lbs and from 44 DDD to 38 D. I'm actually happy because there aren't a lot of pretty bra options in DDD.

Sports bras purchased 30 lbs ago don't support me now, so don't count on a sports bra fitting you as you lose.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    At my biggest, I was a 34 or 36 B. I'm about 40 lbs lighter and I'm currently a 32 AA. I rarely wear a real bra and just go with a sports bra instead.

Your shape and genetics will determine where you lose weight from first. My chest shrunk pretty quick, so you might find that your boobs will shrink and then stop
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    When losing 140lbs, expect to lose about 15 inches on the band and 2-3 cup sizes. Just to give you a general idea, it's not exact by any means. I second the thrift store option & 1 good sports bra.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    At my heaviest, I was a 38B, and I'm in training bras now. I'd say to just buy cheap throwaways from Walmart or something until you're done losing weight. Treat yourself to some nice ones after you're done.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Not sure how people are getting away with one sports bra... Do you wash it every day? I have two and would like at least two more. I don't have time to wash every other day and I've been stuck wearing regular bras to the gym sometimes.