Has anyone successfully lost the dreaded double belly?

2»

Replies

• SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    I still have a long way to go in terms of weight loss, but I've noticed the upper belly is shrinking faster than anything else and has a much nicer shape than it used to. It may be as simple as focusing on abdominal exercises to replace the fat with muscle. I know a while back someone posted a before and after photo, and when they gained about 15 lbs of muscle they actually looked slimmer than they did at the lower weight.
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member

Awhile back I did a 100-burpees-a-day challenge for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, both my rolls were smaller. My belly button and c-section scar were both visible, although I weighed quite a bit more than I do now. So strength training will help; it didn't totally flatten my belly but it helped a lot.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    @middlehaitch you are inspiring!
  • HRHJoDee
    HRHJoDee Posts: 20 Member
    Obviously your BMI is low and so is your weight, so this isn't about losing weight. It's about building muscle in that area. I'd start doing 10 sets of 25 lower and upper abdominal crunches a day, and do that every single day for six months. There should be several ways to do crunches properly to support your back and not strain your neck. The double belly will go away, and stay away while you keep doing the abdominal crunches with your BMI at 20.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    I lost some weight, yeah. Mostly I just dropped the dread. My body shape is typical of my background and I refuse to hate it. :)
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    @middlehaitch you are my new role model. You are rocking it at almost 64!
    Ditto! You look amazing!