Dr Oz tolerance to carbs info

Replies

• SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    More catching up. Raw turnip is delicious, I always steal some before cooking it.

Now back to the crackers. I am concerned about cheese to cracker ratios depending on which of each I'm eating. Now a table water cracker is best paired with a good Stilton or brie, am I crackering right with my ten to one cheese to cracker ratio?

And if going down the cream cracker or wheat cracker, or even a Hovis cracker with a cheek sucking mature cheddar, is my three to one ratio appropriate? And how much Branston pickle, teaspoon? Onion jam? Same as the pickle?

PS. Have fun Googling all of that my US friends.

Now I want to try Branston pickle with my crackers -_-
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    @middlehaitch especially for you :smile:

My Dad's from Wigan, so there's always a tin of them in the house.

2uftzlm9xqwj.jpg
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am partial to the Smoked Gouda and the Balsamic Vinegar and Basil Triscuits

04072CL.GIF
    04446CL.GIF

I'm still salty they won't bring back the Coconut Sea Salt ones from a few years back.... :-(
  • GonzosaysMeow
    GonzosaysMeow Posts: 16 Member
    Glad this turned into a spit-posting dump thread.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    DamieBird wrote: »
    cmtigger wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    This makes as much sense as designing a diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap to you. One of the easiest ways to scam people into believing this kind of woo is
    1. Pick out something that's physically evident and that naturally varies between people
    2. Create a whole mythology around how the differences impact how we lose weight.
    3. Make the diet deliberately so restrictive no one could possibly stay compliant for long.
    4. Then scare people into buying your products because it's the only way they can ever hope to be healthy.
    5. When they fail to lose weight pile a big load of guilt on because they obviously don't care enough for their health to follow a simple food plan.

I totally design my diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap. It 100% tastes like chemicals to me and ruins every food that it touches, so my diet is anything that doesn't include cilantro.

That's what you meant, right ;)?

Then claim that everyone, even those who like cilantro, should eat just like you.

Dang, I did it wrong.

So, I have to start the campaign that avoiding cilantro is the ONE WEIRD TRICK to drop 10 pounds in a week?

Am I getting closer to how this works?

I'll take the rejected cilantro.

I'll trade you for all those delicious sounding crackers.

#CilantroIsPoison

Cilantro is of the gods! You walk that hashtag back right now, cilantro hater. :D

Seriously though, I know it's not for some people. My sister can't even stand the smell of it and we are both from a Latin culture that uses it frequently and in large amounts in meals.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I challenge anyone to eat 6 jatz crackers in 60 seconds. If you can achieve this, then you are carb tolerant. :wink:

Note: I have yet to meet someone who can do it .

What is a jatz cracker.

I like those little wine tasting crackers. Should get some.

Damn, I thought you guys had jatz over there. I wanted someone to do the challenge!

They're harder and thicker than Ritz, probably a tiny bit larger in diameter. We have had many a night when we brought out the jatz pack for this challenge as everyone we put it to scoffed and said it would be easy. Not one person has managed to do it :lol: Eating 6 small crackers in a minute sounds totally doable, but is harder than it seems.

Hmmm.. hard and thick jatz.

Lol I know, i know :flushed: It's the only way i could think of to describe the difference...
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    This makes as much sense as designing a diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap to you. One of the easiest ways to scam people into believing this kind of woo is
    1. Pick out something that's physically evident and that naturally varies between people
    2. Create a whole mythology around how the differences impact how we lose weight.
    3. Make the diet deliberately so restrictive no one could possibly stay compliant for long.
    4. Then scare people into buying your products because it's the only way they can ever hope to be healthy.
    5. When they fail to lose weight pile a big load of guilt on because they obviously don't care enough for their health to follow a simple food plan.

I totally design my diet around whether or not cilantro tastes like soap. It 100% tastes like chemicals to me and ruins every food that it touches, so my diet is anything that doesn't include cilantro.

<nods>
    Cilantro #justsayno
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member

Then claim that everyone, even those who like cilantro, should eat just like you.

Dang, I did it wrong.

So, I have to start the campaign that avoiding cilantro is the ONE WEIRD TRICK to drop 10 pounds in a week?

#CilantroIsPoison

Take my crackers and I'll cut you.

It's not worth messing up a perfectly good knife over, lol. How would you slice your cheese?!
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member

Dang, I did it wrong.

#CilantroIsPoison

Cilantro is of the gods! You walk that hashtag back right now, cilantro hater. :D

Seriously though, I know it's not for some people. My sister can't even stand the smell of it and we are both from a Latin culture that uses it frequently and in large amounts in meals.

I could never figure out how on earth people liked that stuff until I finally learned that it literally doesn't taste the same to most people when I was around 25 or so. I just thought people were nuts for liking the chemically taste.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Dang, I did it wrong.

#CilantroIsPoison

I could never figure out how on earth people liked that stuff until I finally learned that it literally doesn't taste the same to most people when I was around 25 or so. I just thought people were nuts for liking the chemically taste.

Word.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited August 2017

Dang, I did it wrong.

#CilantroIsPoison

I'm also one of those lucky people whose brain translates cilantro as tasting like soap due to my genetics. Blech. :grimace:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

Dang, I did it wrong.

#CilantroIsPoison

I used to not like it at all. Maybe my genetics morphed. And I should be paid thousands for them to study this phenomena.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    This was in a magazine, my coworker bought crackers for us to try it...I threw the magazine in the trash.