Coffee Flavouring While Dieting

Hi Everyone,
How should I be flavouring my coffee to loss weight.

To explain... I am a working mom with two toddlers and am trying to restart my weight loss journey. I just cannot give up my coffee and I definitely can't drink it black. Right now I'm using flavoured coffee creamers. The calories aren't my problem but I'm trying to drop my carbs below 50g a day and the creamer is taking up a big chunk. Any suggestions of what to replace it with?

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    I cannot give up my coffee either and I won't drink it black. I use Vanilla flavored soy milk. Some people use the unsweetened coconut milk creamers. There are alot of low-cal creamers that can effectively lighten up your coffee. Have fun experimenting!
  • peraltapiano
    peraltapiano Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2017
    If you don't have nut allergies, sweetened almond milk is pretty great! But you should give plain almond milk a try too (it's about 30cal/cup). If you like coffee, you can learn to like coffee without sugar. Acquired taste.
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    . ...unsweetened vanilla nut milk in my coffee (usually almond or cashew)

That sounds interesting, too bad that we don't have it here...

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    guppi03 wrote: »
    The calories aren't my problem but I'm trying to drop my carbs below 50g a day and the creamer is taking up a big chunk. Any suggestions of what to replace it with?

Half and half has one gram of carbs in a little container. And cream is even lower carb. If I liked my coffee with something added and was concerned about carbs but had some calories to spare, I would totally use a little cream.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    And cream is sooo rich that you don't need much at ALL. A tiny bit of cream (weigh it!) and some artificial sweetener and you're good.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    I use the Skinny Syrups. They have a great taste to them, and you only need a tiny bit to add that flavor :smile:
  • 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    I second the Sugar free Torani syrups. I also do flavoured Stevia drops - vanilla or hazelnut.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I do almond milk creamer or less of regular creamer (as long as they are dairy free varieties, anyway).

Some of the Torani syrups are great.. others are kinda.. gross. Just gotta find the one you like. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member

Some of the Torani syrups are great.. others are kinda.. gross. Just gotta find the one you like. :)

My must haves at all times: S'mores, French vanilla and salted caramel but I like a bunch of others too. If you live by a Cost Plus World Market they have the best selection I've found.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    I switched to a high quality (Haitian) coffee that I grind myself and it makes such a difference-I was able to ditch flavored add-ins all together!
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    My husband uses coconut milk and I use almond milk (or whole milk on run days), then we both sweeten with Stevia.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Unsweetened flavored almond or coconut milk. It give the coffee a boost of flavor and is low in calories.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    A little truvia + a splash of unsweetened almond milk in a yummy flavored coffee does the trick for me. I don't even count the calories it's so minimal.
  • guppi03
    guppi03 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks everyone,
    OliveGir128 I'd love to know the name of the coffee you buy. Meelisv, I debate back and forth between whether to go low carb or focus solely on calories. I've done well in the past with just low calorie but a lot of the books I've been reading focused on low carb. I don't really like it. I don't crave grains but I love fruit
    I switched to a high quality (Haitian) coffee that I grind myself and it makes such a difference-I was able to ditch flavored add-ins all together!
    Meelisv wrote: »
    Any specific reason to torture yourself with going low carb (unless you like it of course).

• womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    I put a mint tea bag in mine so good!!

Or some cocoa powder and cashew milk.
    Mmm.

I drink 3-5 cups coffee/tea a day.

Stevia is a better alternative to sweetener, it's more natural. No calories, very acquired taste when I was used to sugar twin.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    I use sugar free torani syrup, and 30ml of half and half. It's my favorite