Diet Bet? have you tried it?

trackercasey76
trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
I just signed up for a Diet bet challenge and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. I figured for $25 it was fairly safe.

Thoughts?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I thought they were filing for bankruptcy or getting sued or something.

As for betting on weight loss, sometimes accountability and monetary motivation can make a difference.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    I haven't used DietBet because I don't trust my weight loss enough to not lose the money and I'm on a ridiculously tight budget. Buuuut, I use their sister app StepBet and I love it. Never had an issue with payouts, their customer service is nearly instantenous and very friendly, and it's motivated me to up my daily step count by about 75% in the past 4 weeks. I'd recommend either app for sure.
  • walaker
    walaker Posts: 13 Member
    I did one last month, got my $35 back plus $20. The payout was nearly instantaneous after the final weigh in was complete. I'm doing another month long one with that group right now, plus I signed up for a 6 month one. It's been a great added bit of motivation!
  • HsiehCH
    HsiehCH Posts: 6 Member
    I just completed a Dietbet's Kickstarter game. The initial deposit was $100 and I received an email saying I have won $100.44, so I won 44 cents after 4 weeks.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    HsiehCH wrote: »
    I just completed a Dietbet's Kickstarter game. The initial deposit was $100 and I received an email saying I have won $100.44, so I won 44 cents after 4 weeks.

Look at it like Vegas, not losing money is a win.
  • Deewithadoo
    Deewithadoo Posts: 26 Member
    I've done a couple , and when you win, you only win a few bucks :smile: