Do you have a food/drink that you have to abstain from?

Replies

• HarlemNY17
    HarlemNY17 Posts: 135 Member
    edited August 2017
    Pizza . But I haven't ate that in awhile staying as far away as I can
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Caramel corn and peanut M&M's. Really any chocolate covered nut.

Costco sells a Chicago Mix (cheese and caramel corn) that is basically crack in a bag!

Trader Joe's sells it too. I have just turned my head and walked away from it because I know even tasting it would be dangerous for me. I love salty/sweet combos.
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Angel food cake with whipped cream frosting.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017

Costco sells a Chicago Mix (cheese and caramel corn) that is basically crack in a bag!

For some reason that combo always sounds ick to me, although it seems to be popular at the moment. (I really hate powdered cheese anyway, so am not the target customer.)

I always wonder why it's called "Chicago mix."
  • LarryRacesBikes
    LarryRacesBikes Posts: 17 Member
    Lattes, I realized what a color bomb they are so I am back to drinking black coffee
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Gummy bears and other gummy candies.
    Taiwanese pineapple cake.
    Hagen Daazs icecream.

I've stayed away from them for 4 months now. Eventually I'll get to the point where I will trust myself to try reincorporateing them back into my diet, but for now I doubt my self control. I could easily sit and work my way through the whole
    package in a few hours.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member

Utz brand rippled potato chips. Salty and crunchy....mmmmmmm. Basically any potato chip is bad news for me, but those Utz rippled ones are the worst. So I just don't bring them into the house. Every once in awhile we go to Subway and I will get a bag of chips there to go with my sub. But that's it.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    I like the description of "food with no brakes." Good one!
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

For some reason that combo always sounds ick to me, although it seems to be popular at the moment. (I really hate powdered cheese anyway, so am not the target customer.)

I always wonder why it's called "Chicago mix."

I don't like cheddar popcorn but the salty and sweet combo of the two is highly addictive (for me!). I've also always wondered where the name came from.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    kittybenn wrote: »
    I like the description of "food with no brakes." Good one!

That's actually a term coined by Melissa Hartwig, co-founder of the Whole30. I love it, too!

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    The combo of peanut butter and chocolate... and just peanut butter anything in general... heck, peanuts, too. Just don't let me have anything with peanuts because I won't stop going back for more.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Cadburys amaze balls brownie bites. Luckily my local supermarket has stopped stocking them.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Only thing that never enters my home is full sugar drinks because i cannot tolerate them
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Katz gluten free cinnamon donuts. It took me so long to find a yummy pastry type treat that I could eat with my allergies and when I finally found one I had no self control with it. They cost around $8 a box for 6 of them and are 220 calories a piece. I have never been able to buy a box and keep it in the house more than 2 days without eating all of them so I have had to stop buying them all together.