198 days; minus 72lbs (photos included)

Hey all

I am not done yet but I wanted to share my progress to date. I found the success stories section helped keep me inspired throughout.

I started January 27th 2017. I began calorie counting and walking a small bit each day. I gradually increased my walking and when I had lost about two and a half or three stone, I decided to give weight training a go.

So here is a look at my progress to date. I have approx another 28lbs I want to lose and I am in no hurry to lose it. When I started I was on approx 1200 calories a day and now I'm eating between 1500-2000 plus. I'm exercising and eating. Recently I went through my first stall in weight loss when I was eating approx 1500 calories. I was hungry and felt I needed to eat more. So I listened to my body and began eating more and it kick-started my loss again and I dropped 2lbs this week. So in total I am down 72lbs or in stones 5st and 2lbs.

My advice to anyone starting out or in process; take it one day at a time. It is not a race. Listen to your body. It is a journey, enjoy it. It is an opportunity to learn what works and doesn't work and that will help when you eventually hit maintenance.

fuepi4zhjhrj.png
xg60it0h6w9o.png
3s92hbsgwvjc.png
m4f8mldtpejb.png
m3yyluqews43.png

Replies

• pohlae01
    pohlae01 Posts: 31 Member
    Super awesome!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Amazimg job!!!!
  • zumayka
    zumayka Posts: 5 Member
    That's awesome!!!
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Well done!
  • Wila6468
    Wila6468 Posts: 12 Member
    Great job! :)
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    You got at least 10 years younger and your eyes grew larger! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • guyburton
    guyburton Posts: 15 Member
    Great work!
  • julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You look lovely, well done
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    WOW! Your progress is amazing!
  • newlife7654
    newlife7654 Posts: 36 Member
    You are a beautiful inspiration, great job! Thank you for sharing!
  • vandrah
    vandrah Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2017

Absolutely Brilliant well done x
  • Weyhill13
    Weyhill13 Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for sharing - you look fantastic!!
  • aqsajav
    aqsajav Posts: 1 Member
    That's kewl !! Jojo what was your diet and exercise routine . As you have stated that you started off with approximately 1200 calories , so I wanted to inquire if you were too conscious about macros or micros or were you lil flexible regarding carbs or sugar?secondly , one tend to burn calories during excersice so was it 1200 + excersise routine or was it 1200+compansation calories + excersise?
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    You look absolutely wonderful! What an inspiration!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Stunning! Congrats!
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    In the beginning, I would eat 1200 and exercise approx 500 calories. I wasn't eating the exercise calories back initially but now I do eat most of them back. When I was just walking I didn't but then when I joined the gym and increased my training, my trainer advised I needed to fuel my body and iv continued to up my calories.

I train between 3-5 days in the gym and one of those days is with my PT. I do short walks on some days I go to the gym (if it's leg day then I dont).

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Wish you all the best on your own journeys.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Hey all

I am not done yet but I wanted to share my progress to date. I found the success stories section helped keep me inspired throughout.

I started January 27th 2017. I began calorie counting and walking a small bit each day. I gradually increased my walking and when I had lost about two and a half or three stone, I decided to give weight training a go.

So here is a look at my progress to date. I have approx another 28lbs I want to lose and I am in no hurry to lose it. When I started I was on approx 1200 calories a day and now I'm eating between 1500-2000 plus. I'm exercising and eating. Recently I went through my first stall in weight loss when I was eating approx 1500 calories. I was hungry and felt I needed to eat more. So I listened to my body and began eating more and it kick-started my loss again and I dropped 2lbs this week. So in total I am down 72lbs or in stones 5st and 2lbs.

My advice to anyone starting out or in process; take it one day at a time. It is not a race. Listen to your body. It is a journey, enjoy it. It is an opportunity to learn what works and doesn't work and that will help when you eventually hit maintenance.

fuepi4zhjhrj.png
    xg60it0h6w9o.png
    3s92hbsgwvjc.png
    m4f8mldtpejb.png
    m3yyluqews43.png

Great job!! Love your outlook on it all!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Well done
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    You look great. Congrats on your success and thank you for sharing your journey. Who knew you could eat 2000 calories and still lose weight! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!