Do you have a food/drink that you have to abstain from?

Replies

• WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2017
    cottage cheese and sour cream - both are gone within way too few hours
    potato chips (especially if I've planned poorly enough to also have cottage cheese or sour cream around to dip them in)
    cinnamon rolls or cinnamon bread
    caramel corn or cheddar cheese popcorn
    ETA - Honey bunches of oats cereal. I will eat the whole box and still be hungry.
  • nocona23
    nocona23 Posts: 1 Member
    Lime flavored Tostito chips
    O'Charleys yeast rolls
    Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Pizza - it's my kryptonite. I usually don't have many issues controlling my intake but put a pizza down in front of me and I'm done. I'll scarf down 4 large slices (probably somewhere between 2500 and 3000 calories) without batting an eye.

We used to order pizza once a week at least but haven't done so in about 3 months now. My family isn't terribly happy about it but they understand (and they still have plenty of opportunities to get pizza on their own).
  • lexington88
    lexington88 Posts: 29 Member
    nocona23 wrote: »
    Lime flavored Tostito chips
    O'Charleys yeast rolls
    Krispy Kreme glazed donuts

Omg this. There's a Krispy Kreme on each end of my local shopping centre and I have to add invisible blinkers on my way in and out of there. One of them is right next to Pret as well, where I get my lunch most days. It's... a struggle.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Girl Scout cookies. I've actually eaten an entire box of the coconut/caramel ones (samosa) in a work day. That's 975 calories!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Girl Scout cookies. I've actually eaten an entire box of the coconut/caramel ones (samosa) in a work day. That's 975 calories!

I bet several of us have done that. I have, with the samoas too!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member

I have too. But in fairness, a box of GS cookies is still only like 4 cookies.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Fresh baked bread with butter. Food without brakes!!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member

I have too. But in fairness, a box of GS cookies is still only like 4 cookies.

My boxes come with like 15! Two rows, like Oreos. I think a box of 4 would be SO much more manageable!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    9g029zwctm6z.jpg

fqxmmb3s0044.jpg

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »
    260scott wrote: »
    59l38xb17ntt.jpg

Cheese is like crack for me. I can't have it in the house.

Ditto. I will go through an 8-10 oz block of swiss in a day and a half.

I also have a difficult time with tubs of ice cream. Single serving items are okay, but a half gallon of chocolate or cookies and cream? Ugh. So hard to control it.

I'm surprisingly okay with cheese. In fact, it's become my distraction snack. If I'm craving something sweet or salty, I'll have a 25g chunk of cheese and find that curbs the original craving and satisfies me, whereas if I gave into temptation and had a bag of crisps, I would find it difficult to stop at one.

I'm definitely a salt girl though. Love crisps, nuts and maize snacks. Because my boyfriend isn't dieting, he likes to have crisps in the house, which is definitely a struggle. If he doesn't actively ask me to add crisps to the online shopping order though, I'll 'forget'

I'm like this too. I love cheese, don't get me wrong - I eat cheese with pretty much every meal - but I find it very filling and easy to portion out. I would be sad if I couldn't have it in the house.
  • iotterbeinbed
    iotterbeinbed Posts: 76 Member
    Peanut butter and cheese. Ice cream, to a lesser extent... I've been indulging in a pint of Halo Top or Enlightened every once in awhile and it helps with the craving!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    battered fried fish and chips (french fries) with tons of condiments - tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, catsup with vinegar on fries. My favorite food!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Bread and soda.

I still have bread regurarly but buy half loafs.

Soda I had to cut out completely, there was no stopping me from drinking 4-6 a day if I have a whole case.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Also apparently cookies, I never thought I was a huge cookie person, but we made some the other night, and I ate three and literally had to go to bed to stop eating more
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    PC has some amazingly flavourful products. I'll have to check this out!

Don't hate me. ;)

You are an evil, evil person. I just want you to know that.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Full abstain not really.

Severely limit: White flour, sugar, processed potatoes (still eat home made baked and mashed), white rice
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Nutella. Just can't stop dipping into that jar!
  • candilc9
    candilc9 Posts: 21 Member
    Cashews...plain ole cashews...
  • fgsn
    fgsn Posts: 7 Member
    This type of cereal called Krave. I have eaten 2 boxes of it in ONE sitting before. I either ran out of cereal or ran out of milk. Every time I see it in the store, I cry a little inside because I know that realistically, I'll NEVER have the self control to just keep a box of it in the house.