Do you have a food/drink that you have to abstain from?

Replies

• chels5988
    chels5988 Posts: 23 Member
    Takis. The fuego flavour. Ohhhhh how i could eat bags and bag. They used to be harder to find here, i had to go to the latin store which is way out of the way but now my grocery store sells them.
    So far ive stayed away.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Potato chips. ANY flavour. Simply can't have them in the house...but I still think about how good it would be to have some every day :(
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    There is a jar of Nutella in the house.

This is okay, because I haven't had any in months. I know the jar is there, though, and every time I toast a half-bagel to have with some peanut butter I think 'well I could put Nutella on this instead...' but if I do, I will remember how amazing it is and then Bad Things will happen. Nope. The Nutella is Forbidden.

See also: chocolate Pop-Tarts. I don't gorge on them - I'll have 1 and be fine - but even though the calorie count of a single Pop-Tart isn't terrible on its own for breakfast, it will fill me up for all of five minutes and I'll end up overeating later. I do miss them, though...
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    narspips wrote: »

This is okay, because I haven't had any in months. I know the jar is there, though, and every time I toast a half-bagel to have with some peanut butter I think 'well I could put Nutella on this instead...' but if I do, I will remember how amazing it is and then Bad Things will happen. Nope. The Nutella is Forbidden.

See also: chocolate Pop-Tarts. I don't gorge on them - I'll have 1 and be fine - but even though the calorie count of a single Pop-Tart isn't terrible on its own for breakfast, it will fill me up for all of five minutes and I'll end up overeating later. I do miss them, though...

OMG, cherry Pop Tarts and brown sugar cinnamon. Toasted. Delicious.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »
    narspips wrote: »

OMG, cherry Pop Tarts and brown sugar cinnamon. Toasted. Delicious.

Don't think we get those in the UK - which is probably just as well! Cinnamon sugar is basically like my equivalent of crack :D
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Chocolate Nutella. If I know its in the house, even if it doesnt belong to me, the jar is gone in a flash. It's my kryptonite
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Any kind of cookies and a half gallon of milk for dunking! Its like I'm gone into another world....
  • fragl3line
    fragl3line Posts: 14 Member
    My total weakness is ramen noodles. I can buy a 12 pack & go through it in a week. I used to eat at least 2 at once after getting home from work. I would also cook 2 and eat it like there was no tomorrow. Luckily I was able to stop myself from buying it all together. But I do know for a fact that if I buy a 12 pack today I would go right back to binging on it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    fragl3line wrote: »
    My total weakness is ramen noodles. I can buy a 12 pack & go through it in a week. I used to eat at least 2 at once after getting home from work. I would also cook 2 and eat it like there was no tomorrow. Luckily I was able to stop myself from buying it all together. But I do know for a fact that if I buy a 12 pack today I would go right back to binging on it.

Good one. Noodles are a weakness for me, too. Especially ramen or Chinese noodle soups.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    fragl3line wrote: »

Good one. Noodles are a weakness for me, too. Especially ramen or Chinese noodle soups.

ditto
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Any super salty food like potato chips and pretzels.
  • jmlee5091
    jmlee5091 Posts: 1 Member
    In July I gave up store bought granola bars and crackers. I found a great recipe online for homemade granola bars and baked some last Sunday.
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    @snickerscharlie I found the PC popcorn and got some for camping. I was drooling putting the bag in the cart...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I discovered after starting this weight loss thing that Nutella was a 'no brakes' food for me.

Nutella on Triscuit. No brakes.
    Nutella on saltines. No brakes.
    Nutella on shredded wheat. No brakes.

So now, no Nutella.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    xvolution wrote: »
    Any super salty food like potato chips and pretzels.

This is embarrassing to admit. When I was sick with celiac disease before I was diagnosed, I was craving salt something fierce. I was eating BAGS of potato chips and pretzels together (they are a great combination) every night after dinner.

And weight was just pouring off me. It was a terrible time.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2017
    If I am at a restautant and they plop a basket of chips and salsa in front of me, I am done for.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    ^^^yup. True test of willpower
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have crazy food allergies to shellfish, sulfites and cayenne pepper. I've learned to stay away from sour candies which are my ultimate weakness... there's a bag in my fridge but they've been there so long my son won't even touch them :D
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Haagen Daz salted caramel ice cream. For me a serving of that is a whole pint. And I'm lactose intolerant. So the excess cals plus the extended bathroom time should make me avoid it. Uh nope. If it's in the house it's getting eaten.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Also I found out if you eat waaaay too much jello it gives you rainbow pee (orange, red, blue, green, purple) for up to a week. Also it shocks the emergency room drs and nurses. Yeahhh don't ask how much jello you need to eat for that to happen lol