Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @GottaBurnEmAll Happy Fluffin Birthday!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Wait so the ice cream is better in a Ninja? Aren't they really small? Sorry I wasn't following very well.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    My husband and kids picked up the Ninja for my birthday and gave it to me yesterday for an early gift because they know I wanted it.

Oh my. What a difference it makes. I shouldn't have eaten the ice cream yet (IBS is still flaring), but the difference making it in that from making it in my old Oster was like night and day!

Yay! Happy early Birthday!

So, I pulled out my full Ninja set after the discussion about blenders here. I only ever used the small jar/blade or medium jar/blade. For some reason, I always thought the tall jar used the same blade as the medium (maybe because they use the same lid). It noticed that the tall one actually has a different blade that would do a much better job on the ice! :o So anyway, I tried it last night and it crushed/blended the ice SO much faster! Making the ice cream was a million times easier!!! Super pumped. :p

Sorry you have to eat like a normal person today, @nowine4me !
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Wait so the ice cream is better in a Ninja? Aren't they really small? Sorry I wasn't following very well.

I think they make different sizes. Mine makes up to 48 oz

rsh4c0nzjs9m.jpg

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    bbell1985 wrote: »

This is the one I got:

https://amazon.com/SharkNinja-BL610-Ninja-Professional-Blender/dp/B00NGV4506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502804463&sr=8-1&keywords=ninja+blender+bl610

The whole thing of it being able to make the ice snow is what makes a difference.

My food processor is too big to have done that properly and my old Oster blender couldn't do it. The kids want to make snow cones now.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    My husband and kids picked up the Ninja for my birthday and gave it to me yesterday for an early gift because they know I wanted it.

Oh my. What a difference it makes. I shouldn't have eaten the ice cream yet (IBS is still flaring), but the difference making it in that from making it in my old Oster was like night and day!

woot woot happy early birthday!!
  • ElvenToad
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

So, I pulled out my full Ninja set after the discussion about blenders here. I only ever used the small jar/blade or medium jar/blade. For some reason, I always thought the tall jar used the same blade as the medium (maybe because they use the same lid). It noticed that the tall one actually has a different blade that would do a much better job on the ice! :o So anyway, I tried it last night and it crushed/blended the ice SO much faster! Making the ice cream was a million times easier!!! Super pumped. :p

That's awesome! Which Ninja set do you have?
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    I need suggestions. I am so over salads every day. I need quick/easy high volume, low calorie ideas. Looking for 300 calories or less and roughly the same volume as a big huge salad (I usually do 200g of spring mix plus
    add-ins to give you an idea is the volume I'm looking for.
  • kelly_c_77
    ElvenToad wrote: »

mmh1lvokzfux.jpg
  • ElvenToad

mmh1lvokzfux.jpg

Ahhh I see. It has the full size blade for the tall one which is the exact one I have in my Ninja too. Good thing you discovered that! I like the idea of having those different size cups and blades for various things. Very cool set :)
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    I apologize if I missed this - but to those of you blending the ice - are you using strictly water ice cubes or has anyone tried stuff like coffee ice cubes or almondmilk ice cubes?
  • kelly_c_77

Ahhh I see. It has the full size blade for the tall one which is the exact one I have in my Ninja too. Good thing you discovered that! I like the idea of having those different size cups and blades for various things. Very cool set :)

Thanks! Yeah, I'm so happy I pulled it out to see. That middle-size blade was getting it done...just taking a while!
    Now I can whip up a batch in less than 5 minutes!
  • kelly_c_77
    jospen83 wrote: »
    I apologize if I missed this - but to those of you blending the ice - are you using strictly water ice cubes or has anyone tried stuff like coffee ice cubes or almondmilk ice cubes?

I've only done water, but I think someone else posted about using coffee cubes.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    OOhhhh. I see. I don't know why I thought they were just little things.
  • ElvenToad
    jospen83 wrote: »

Just water here too. If you try it let us know how it turns out!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Have any of you volume eaters ever made any desserts made by the guy who runs The Flexible Dieting Lifestyle? Some of his creations look insanely delicious, but then others seem kind of out there haha.

https://www.instagram.com/theflexibledietinglifestyle/?hl=en
  • ElvenToad
    Have any of you volume eaters ever made any desserts made by the guy who runs The Flexible Dieting Lifestyle? Some of his creations look insanely delicious, but then others seem kind of out there haha.

I've tried his jello recipe, it was delicious and high volume. I really want to try his cookies n cream pop tart but I'm afraid I'll eat the whole thing :#

Omg that link... drool
  • kelly_c_77

This is the first I've seen of him and most of the food looks awesome! Where are the actual recipes?
    I don't have/use Instagram..so maybe I'm just confused.
  • ElvenToad
    edited August 2017

This is the first I've seen of him and most of the food looks awesome! Where are the actual recipes?
    I don't have/use Instagram..so maybe I'm just confused.

The ones through that link are all behind a paywall from what I can tell. Here's the link to his youtube recipes:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJ4PrKks7cT-Vo5WhpVBDSWv-KIzqEKj