Green Smoothie Cleanse - Store bought smoothie recommendation

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2017
    Agreed with the majority here.

Our bodies do not need a cleanse, even to get back on track. It's absolutely not necessary and can be down right dangerous. A dear missed member here almost had car accidents from doing cleanses as she was not consuming enough calories. Scary stuff.

Our bodies do a great job of... running themselves.

Weight loss is a calories game. You can include a portion of so-called-junk in your nutritious "diet" and still lose weight.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    ok, general consensus seems to be...do not go with store bought one's. Thanks Y'all. I'll order online

You're missing the point entirely.

It's usually a waste to post links to actual science on these topics since most won't bother to read them anyway when their mind is already made up, but maybe they'll help somebody else who's reading along:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    cleanse is not necessary
    jump start is the words used by someone trying to con you out of your money.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    All

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate the response and also the science. I do read it. When I said the general consensus is not to go store bought. I was referring specifically to the query on Naked Juice Vs Store Bought Vs Juice from the Raw (which is not store bought). My perceived consensus of the feedback is “do not go store bought” this is also aligned with the research I have done which says store bought is not very good. Based on this I will not go store bought.
    You have also been helpful in providing the feedback and science on not to do a cleanse at all. I understand this feedback and that this is the overall consensus.
    However I have already decided to do a cleanse and was looking for the lesser of 2 evils (Store bought vs invest in getting the real fresh stuff). Its expensive (I agree), not necessary (I agree) , may be a total waste of time (I agree). However I want to do a jump start and I decided to use the cleanse to do it. There have been invaluable feedback from you all and I thank you. I’m definitely not doing 10days for sure. I’ll do 3 to 5 at most maybe.

<headdesk>
    Have fun! I trust it'll all work out in the end. B)

PS: You're not a motorcycle. No 'jumpstart' needed.

Pretty much my reaction as well.

Add a few facepalms.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    All

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate the response and also the science. I do read it. When I said the general consensus is not to go store bought. I was referring specifically to the query on Naked Juice Vs Store Bought Vs Juice from the Raw (which is not store bought). My perceived consensus of the feedback is “do not go store bought” this is also aligned with the research I have done which says store bought is not very good. Based on this I will not go store bought.
    You have also been helpful in providing the feedback and science on not to do a cleanse at all. I understand this feedback and that this is the overall consensus.
    However I have already decided to do a cleanse and was looking for the lesser of 2 evils (Store bought vs invest in getting the real fresh stuff). Its expensive (I agree), not necessary (I agree) , may be a total waste of time (I agree). However I want to do a jump start and I decided to use the cleanse to do it. There have been invaluable feedback from you all and I thank you. I’m definitely not doing 10days for sure. I’ll do 3 to 5 at most maybe.

<headdesk>
    Have fun! I trust it'll all work out in the end. B)

PS: You're not a motorcycle. No 'jumpstart' needed.

Pretty much my reaction as well.

Add a few facepalms.

Add mine too...