Weird Neighbors?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    We had a neighbor at our old rental house that was a drunk old man. He would get drunk then go in to the back yard (right next to my infant son's window) and yell...errr..play..? with his dog. Like, yelling in exasperation at his dog about his dog not listening to him? idk, but he would do it every evening. Then they got another dog and that one barked a lot, and was extremely menacing when we were in our yard with just the chain link fence separating us.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    My current neighbors fight about everything. The police are called a few times a week. THese people are over 65 and should know better. The most recent fight was over who the new plastic hangers belonged to.
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    My current neighbors fight about everything. The police are called a few times a week. THese people are over 65 and should know better. The most recent fight was over who the new plastic hangers belonged to.

me and my ex husband lived in an apartment and the people next to us fought all the time. they had a baby too that would cry and scream while they would fight. one night they fought and then all left. about 10 mins later cops should up at our door and came in telling us we had a complaint for fighting we kept telling them it wasnt us and it was the neighbors. it got to the point they had my husband out side and me in the bed room trying to talk to us separate. she was talking to me about woman homes and abuse assistance and kept asking where the baby was. My husband almost went to jail because he was getting so mad over it all. finally neighbors up stairs came down and said they were the ones that called and that the police had the wrong apartment.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    My crack head neighbor got arrested a few years ago for chasing a lady down the street. His reasoning was that she stopped at several houses every night on our street. Turned out she was delivering newspapers. He was arrested last month for possession of meth and stealing ATM machines. He won't be back for a while. Funny thing is we live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in town. You just never know for sure what other people are up to.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Guy that lives next door took to shooting squirrels in both our yards because "they keep getting into my attic". So logic dictated that he shoot squirrels versus repairing & securing his attic. *smh*

Well it would be worth it if he takes them, skins them and fries them up. Otherwise it is just a waste.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Most of my neighbors have been quiet and unassuming. Some were kind of busybodies, but not too many.

However, when I was still attending university, we had some guys renting the house next to ours who liked to throw parties every day that wasn't Sunday or Monday. One of their favorite pastimes was to take a large mattress up to the roof and "sled" off of the roof and into the street repeatedly. They would even hold races at times. The police had been called a few times (more for the noise than the sledding) and the police would usually break up their parties, but only after watching a few rounds of these guys sledding off of the roof. Surprisingly, there was only one incident in the year I lived there of someone injuring themselves.

Most of my other "weird" stories involve the police being called because people sounded like they were being abused/raped/murdered and come to find out that my neighbors are into some pretty kinky *kitten*. I mean, I don't mind, but damn.. keep it down. It's 3AM and some of us work or have class, lol.
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    any one else going to entertain us today with their neighborhood stories?
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Submitted for the approval of the midnight society:

I once had a neighbor who thought his ex wife was a witch, lose his mind, break into another neighbor's house and take the whole family hostage at gunpoint. Nobody was hurt.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Guy that lives next door took to shooting squirrels in both our yards because "they keep getting into my attic". So logic dictated that he shoot squirrels versus repairing & securing his attic. *smh*

Seems you live next door to my dad...
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    When I was a kid there was a girl across the street who was a terrible bully. Then one day her dad went nuts and was holding her hostage in the house at gunpoint while the cops surrounded it. After they took him away she became a very nice person.

At current house a neighbor pulled a gun on my husband because he walked our elderly dog on the sidewalk and the dog went #1 on the curb (not on the guy's lawn but on the curb of the street in front of his house).
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Slaughter a goat, then roast in....in thier driveway.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    When I was a teen the lady across the street called us one day to say there was a bird flying around in our basement. How she noticed bird flying around by looking in the tiny basement windows creeped me out, she must have been staring pretty intently at the house.

Nah, she probably saw the bird desperately flying around and beating itself against the window glass.

I once walked by an old townhouse/office, saw a bird trying to escape from a sealed basement window, and told the receptionist. It's not that unusual.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Slaughter a goat, then roast in....in thier driveway.

My ex's grandma had neighbors that would put the head of a goat on the backside of their roof occasionally.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    When I was a kid, I saw my neighbor's wife chase her husband down the street with a knife (or gun, I can't remember for sure). It must have been a gun because he was running down the street screaming "she's got a gun!"

LOL, man that sure was funny!

They are still married to this day.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Guy two houses up is a raging alcoholic. He doesn't work, he basically drinks until he passes out and starts up again. Anyway he likes to get drunk, takes off all his clothes except for his boxers and stand in the street when it rains. Sometimes he stands with his arms up in a "y" so he looks like one of the Village People doing the YMCA dance. Luckily he's the only known weirdness on the street.

It's the neighbors with the unknown weirdness that you gotta worry about.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    mine take pictures of all the neighbours doing things and calls the cops on them all.,,

That must be horrible!
  • Coltsforlife84
    Coltsforlife84 Posts: 33 Member
    threw a tampon outside my bedroom window
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    I don't have weird neighbors because I don't like people so I pay no attention to them. Does that make me the weird neighbor?
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    My neighbor liked to garden in rubber boots and what was basically a speedo but he was a nice person and would share his garden produce with everyone.