Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Pretty meal and sounds yummy! Hope going to bed helps rid the start of your sore throat!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Weigh in day today
    august 13: 202
    august 18: 197.5
    Had some really good eats this week. Can't say that I suffered at all.
    Woke up with vertigo today but sore throat is just about gone. Taking it easy in bed today and will stay off the computer. Hope everyone has a lovely day. Yay OMAD! LOL
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You had a good week...great work
  • wsandy8512
    Nice loss! Glad your sore throat is almost gone, but sorry you're experiencing vertigo. Hope the nice rest has you feeling back up to par, soon. You have a great weekend as well!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Awesome work so far! Keep it up and feel better!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nice loss!!! I hope you feel better soon o:)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    super nice loss !!!! well done Kat!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you all for the good, encouraging words. I think being part of a community, that's well informed and that understands the science of what we're attempting, is an immeasurable benefit. <3
    I did some head maneuvers that took away the vertigo (benign paradoxical vertigo) and I'm happy to say it worked. I had to spend the day in bed though and try to keep my head facing forward. Fought a couple hours of nausea too. I ordered a Jimmy John sandwich for dinner and...yesssss...it was to die for. No walking today and only got 5 miles in yesterday as it rained.
    I haven't eaten the chips in the picture because I'm overfull on the sandwich.
    I hope everyone has a terrific weekend! And oh....can anyone point me to a chart I1w21dyk6hexp.jpg
    can use to track my weight? I *may* track everyday because my weight can go up 5 pounds overnight and I don't want to feel defeated at a one day snap shot. And...what is the 'trend' column I'm seeing on some charts? Thank you.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow! Great loss!!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Thank you all for the good, encouraging words. I think being part of a community, that's well informed and that understands the science of what we're attempting, is an immeasurable benefit. <3
    I did some head maneuvers that took away the vertigo (benign paradoxical vertigo) and I'm happy to say it worked. I had to spend the day in bed though and try to keep my head facing forward. Fought a couple hours of nausea too. I ordered a Jimmy John sandwich for dinner and...yesssss...it was to die for. No walking today and only got 5 miles in yesterday as it rained.
    I haven't eaten the chips in the picture because I'm overfull on the sandwich.
    I hope everyone has a terrific weekend! And oh....can anyone point me to a chart I
    can use to track my weight? I *may* track everyday because my weight can go up 5 pounds overnight and I don't want to feel defeated at a one day snap shot. And...what is the 'trend' column I'm seeing on some charts? Thank you.

Your sandwich looks fabulous! Yum! We have a Jimmy John's up the road, but I haven't tried them yet. May have to now, lol.

So glad you're feeling better!

I use the "Happy Scale" app, it's available for iPhone. I've got it synced to my Apple Health Kit. I did take off permissions for health kit to write to MFP with my weight though, otherwise, it'll spam MFP homepage on a daily or every other day basis and it's annoying. Like this morning, because I indulged a bit, I'm up two pounds--it wouldn't report a gain to MFP, but it does take away yesterday's official weigh-in. Now say tomorrow I'm down from this morning's weigh-in, then MFP would say, "has lost 1 pound since her last weigh in", and people would write "Congratulations".... but it's a pound off from my most recent weigh-in, not a pound down from my lowest weight. All apps will do that though and on all platforms. I just manually enter my official weigh-ins on Friday to MFP.

Some people use TrendWeight, it's available on other than iPhone cellular phones. Most smart scales today come with an app that will automatically upload your weight and track as well, whether you want it to write to MFP is a personal preference.

The chart I show in my personal journal is one I made on my MacBook Air with a spreadsheet program, except it's Numbers rather than Excel.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    That's some really nice work you did on weight loss in the past week. Huge congratulations!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you for the support ladies. Got a long hike ahead of me but hopefully I don't cave...one hour...one day at a time. I tried to get back on OMAD several times and veered off on the third day. I think the accountability on here kept me on track this time. phewwwwww
    Yessss Sandy....my Jimmy johns has always been really good. Son had one by his house and he got sick, so he won't touch one ever again he said :# The bread is the soft and chewy kind...not all cottony and flavorless.
    The chart information is great! Sounds a bit complicated for me...I think I'll just make a home made one and snap a picture. I was hoping MFP had a chart right on here.
    Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
  • minigrrll
    MFP does have a chart - you can enter your weight manually into it no problem.

You have a great weekend too!!
  • katjustkat
    edited August 2017
    No vertigo today but remnants of just being a lil unbalanced ...so no walk today. Ate at Texas Roadhouse but it hasn't been that good the last three times we went...bah humbug. Asked them to leave those really yummy rolls back in the kitchen. I def can't resist those. Ate about half my meal then...went to Baskin Robbins for a single cone. Weight was exactly the same this morning. That's alllll folks. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :)
    minigrrll; thank you very much for the info. I'll look over MFP for their chart.
    soa3qw0wufcp.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Today was a lil tough the last 2 hours before my 5 pm meal. I snitched on a piece of salmon and a strip of bacon as I was preparing dinner. 1k1tqmlm5onq.jpg
    I really need to be out of the house at that time. Didn't get to walk again as I was feeling a lil off balance but hopefully tomorrow I'm back to normal.
    Had a nice big salad with diced up havarti cheese and a couple strips of bacon. Hubby smoked up a mess of salmon, so we will have plenty of easy protein accessible for a good while. Salmon was delish. Had a couple pieces of honeydew melon for dessert. Ok...I'm full now. See ya all tomorrow & hope everyone had a great day :)
  • minigrrll
    Glad you are feeling better - hopefully the vertigo will be totally gone tomorrow!
  • barbheart
    Nice superb meals Kat!!!! I can smell them from here now that I am on my 62h fast LOL!
    I am not into charting too much... I can see myself handwriting my progress too
  • katjustkat
    minigrrll; yes feeling much better as the day progresses.It always takes days to find my balance again after vertigo. I hadn't had it in may years, so uhhhhh! I'm getting the heck away from the kitchen tomorrow at 3! haha
    barbheart; isn't that the truth as far as smelling and fasting. I did an 11 day fast one time and I could smell the candy korn packets ( halloween candy) at the register. I remember eating a piece of fruit also after a fast and my mouth puckered from the sweetness. :):) Ya...I'll probably do the hand chart...easier for me. I do have an Aria scale so maybe I'll try to figure out how to sync that to MFP. Great job on your fast; you're gonna start out all shiny bright again :)
  • barbheart
    Happy week to you Kat!!!! may we progress big time this week!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    SO FUNNY! I was just about to post my OMAD pics from the weekend and I had Jimmy John's too! I kinda think we got the same thing! #9 Italian Nightclub? I'll post mine in a bit ;)