Good morning whats ur food plans for the day ?

haneenelias
haneenelias Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Whats ur food plans for the day ? mcw1bbu7mvak.jpg

Replies

• lherrin1
    lherrin1 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, Nice looking parfait! I started a new exercise and diet plan as specified by my new trainer yesterday and today breakfast was oatmeal w/blueberries, eggs and coffee; lunch - Chic-fil-a's market salad; dinner - turkey burger and veggies, snacks - green apple, nuts, carrots amd hummus..and I need to drink a gallon of water.
    What about you? What are your nutrition goals for today?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I had 1/2 an RX bar while out shopping, (didn't care for it- didn't finish it). But I got home and had some super yummy Kodiak Cakes with a tbsp of maple syrup, and 2 scrambled eggs with green peppers and 8g of mozzarella cheese! Then I ate a cheese stick!

Later I'm gonna have some cereal, veggies + hummus. For dinner probably some shredded chicken on a bun.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Coffee in the morning, sprouted whole grains toast with light cheese spread at noon, late lunch of pizza spaghetti bake and 2 breadsticks at Fazoli's, more coffee, 1 donut from a local bakery at 5 and it's now 7:30 and I just made a large green smoothie that I'm drinking as a quasi supper.
  • kathitoo
    kathitoo Posts: 10 Member
    This morning I had a green smoothie, whole grain toast with almond butter and a smudge of homemade strawberry jam. Lunch was egg salad ( homemade) whole grain crackers and baby carrots. I had 1 T almond butter and celery for snack. Going out to dinner to a nice restaurant, been looking at the menu and leaning towards prime rib. I went for a long walk and watched my calories today so I think I will be ok!
  • kberan5
    kberan5 Posts: 8 Member
    Eat everything I can
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    No idea yet, beyond the fact I will probably be eating out tonight at a Uk restaurant called Bills. They do things like fish pie, steak, buttermilk burger, macaroni cheese, panfried seabass fillets, smoky barbecue ribs and gnocchi. I will most likely have steak or the fish pie.

Menu for anyone who is curious.

https://d1k0w6lyhojuj5.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/05131838/Summer-Dinner-10.pdf
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    I had Muesli and low fat greek style yogurt for breakfast and I'm planning grilled pork chops with roast root vegetables (mixture of butternut squash, carrots, sweet potato and parsnips) for dinner. Haven't decided what to have for lunch yet.
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    Good morning! I'm having 2 eggs + 4 (!) slices of bacon for breakfast which is super indulgent and exciting. I'm going to the movies this afternoon so I'm packing skinny pop, 16 chocolate covered pretzels and some watermelon to keep my movie snacking on point. That leaves me with 500 calories to mess around with for dinner. There's a great crepe place near the movie theater but I don't think they list calories on their menu so I'm not sure if we're going to do crepes or just come home and eat dinner here. My dinner plans are salad + 4 oz chicken with an optional late night snack of zucchini pizzas or halo top.
  • melissat888250
    melissat888250 Posts: 79 Member
    lherrin1 wrote: »
    Hi, Nice looking parfait! I started a new exercise and diet plan as specified by my new trainer yesterday and today breakfast was oatmeal w/blueberries, eggs and coffee; lunch - Chic-fil-a's market salad; dinner - turkey burger and veggies, snacks - green apple, nuts, carrots amd hummus..and I need to drink a gallon of water.
    What about you? What are your nutrition goals for today?

I actually found a great oatmeal & blueberry overnight oats recipe this week! It might be something to try once you're making your own food choices again. I especially liked the trick of heating the blueberries before adding them to the oatmeal, it definitely improved my blueberries and oatmeal experience. https://dashingdish.com/recipe/blueberry-cobbler-overnight-oatmeal/
  • lherrin1
    lherrin1 Posts: 11 Member
    Thats recipe looks absolutely delicious! And I think I already have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I've already had my health food breakfast. I'll make up the rest as I go along. My pantry runneth over.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    The only meal I really plan out in advance is breakfast, and that's currently eggs/toast/fruit/juice. For lunch and dinner, I keep 1 pound portions of several meats in the fridge and work out a meal around them (beef/chicken/whitefish/tuna/pork). That way I can be more flexible with my meal plans.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Eggs, sausage, prosciutto and coffee for breakfast

2 hour bike ride - leaving now

then leftover pizza for lunch. Very thin crust, sausage/pepperoni - from local Italian joint

Smoked pork steaks, salad, tater, corn on the cob for supper.

Bourbon for night cap

Portion control is king!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    I bought a persian cookbook recently because I was curious about the cuisine and wanted to try something different, and I'm in love! The food is mostly vegetarian which is how I like to eat, and most of the meat dishes are prepared in a way I would probably not hate. I'm excited! My plan is to pick a recipe to make, but which???

Edit: I think I know. It's probably going to be a simple fava bean salad because I'm feeling lazy, but the mix of flavors sounds like something I would enjoy.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Coffee with oatmeal and berries for breakfast already done. Gonna hit the gym and snack on a mozarella/prosciutto rollup thing. Lunch might be out, trying to go to the zoo. Dinner probably a big old salad, have a bag of romaine and all kinds in the fridge.
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Coffee, then egg sandwich and banana for breakfast, turkey sandwich and 2 rice cakes for lunch and my husband is grilling a whole, spatchcocked chicken for dinner with corn on the cob, zucchini and okra.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    @haneenelias I don't plan my Saturdays, but often it turns out to be more work and less food.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Loaded shredded chicken nachoes for dinner tonight!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    tilapia, salad, yogurt, fruit
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    I did a really good "fancy" hamburger today, trying some ideas I'd had for a while.

For the patty itself, I mixed beef, sauteed mushrooms, soy sauce, and an egg. I was kind of worried because it was super slimy and gross before it went on the grill, but it tasted great when it was cooked.

Topped it with a roasted roma tomato, some garlic butter I made with garlic I roasted along with the tomatoes, a caramelized onion, and a very flavorful and spicy dijon mustard I got as a gift. Oh, and I made a homemade bun.

Overall it went very well. The bun was a little dry - I think I will increase the water a little bit and add some potato flour next time to keep things moister. I also waited way too long to start the tomatoes, so next time I'll plan a little better, probably do the tomatoes the night before like I do the onion.

Was basically the only large meal I get today as this was hardly low-calorie, but it was worth it! :smiley: