Protein powder virgin

Hi,

I've never used protein powder, but am looking to start using it to help supplement my protein intake. Also, plan to use it for the protein cheesecake posted on here. I've done some research, ON brand seems to be the favourite.

What are your favourite flavors? Any other uses for protein powder? I'd love to hear some ideas.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like Quest (salted caramel)and PEScience (Snicker doodle is the only flavor I've tried.) I mostly use it for coffee smoothie/shakes for breakfast and to make fluff for dessert.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I like GNC's brand of natural whey sweetened with stevia! A good size tub of it in many flavors is always around 20$.
  • lisa2113940
    lisa2113940 Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2017
    Something I just discovered: mixing it with plain soymilk instead of water makes it taste A LOT better! It adds some protein, as well. I'd recommend it if you have the extra calories to spare.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    This might be useful to you http://www.reviews.com/protein-powder/
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    I go to the Bulk Barn and buy the Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate! It's very tasty and has good macros. They also have vanilla and hemp protein there. If you're new to the powder world it might also be a good place to start, as you can try different kinds in small amounts without dropping $40-60 on a type you might hate!
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Dymatize ISO 100 regular vanilla. Drinkable and bakeable
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    SAN RawFusion in Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    ON is okay. It's pretty standard. I like PEScience snickerdoodle and all time favorite is BSN peanut butter cookie (it has a bit more fat in it, probably why it tastes bomb).

Just put it in things. Don't overthink it. I love it mixed in greek yogurt.