What does a perfect food day look like?

Hi All, I'm new on here and only been recording for just over week. However, I am not getting anywhere close to my goals for nutrition as set by MFP. The only ones I seem to reach are the fat and sugar! Even though I am usually just under my calorie allowance and have been living off veg, fruit, lean protein and good carbs. Has anyone managed a 'perfect day' where all nutrition goals have been met? If so I would be really interested in seeing how you managed it :). Thank you x

Replies

• hendrafellany
    hendrafellany Posts: 17 Member
    Yo! I agree with what Scarlett_K says. The app is a "guide". As an approximation of your daily macro intake so one stays within the target calorie intake. Its almost impossible to track it to a tee. Some days you'll hit your target macros and some days u dont. Have fun!
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Start by accurately and consistently meeting your calorie goal, then after doing that for quite a while, start paying more attention to other nutrients one at a time. That might help
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2017
    There is no such thing as a "perfect" day of food, as everyone has their own preferences and view on what constitutes a healthy diet.

I would aim for at least the minimums of protein and fat (but the mfp protein recommendation for protein is already low imo). Sugar is not a macronutrient, its a subset of carbs - worry about protein, fat, carbohydrate and consider changing sugar to fibre. Sugar is found naturally in many plant based foods (fruit and vegies especially) and dairy - this is not the sugar the health industry tells you to avoid. Added sugar may be something you limit, but that requires you to avoid foods containing it by being mindful of ingredients. If you're eating a nutrient dense diet with sufficient protein, fat, and fibre, you likely won't be consuming excessive added sugar.

Preplanning your day may help you better reach your nutrient goals as you can manipulate foods and portions to suit whatever you're trying to achieve
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Personally I wouldn't worry about that bit just yet. For me a perfect day is where my macros are close to the percentages set preferably with protein and fat met or over. I don't worry too much about the nutrients section as I doubt there are fully accurate beyond carb, fat and protein content as not every manufacturer puts all the micronutrients on their labels.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2017
    The only macro I keep a closer eye on and try to consistently attain is protein. :)

The rest seem to take care of themselves through a diet that is varied and all-inclusive.
  • samanthawhitehead
    samanthawhitehead Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for all your replies. I've lost 6lb in about two weeks so the weight loss bit's working