What is your 'I'm not measuring that'/'free food'?

miratps
miratps Posts: 141 Member
So by this I mean what food item (not drinks) that you do not either weigh or count towards your calorie total?

I tend to count everything but I over time have stopped counting/weighing things like spinach, tomatoes etc.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If it has calories I count it toward my total. Therefore, I don't care to count salt and mustard as they don't have calories to count. I've often set my plate on the scale and sprinkled Tabasco seasoning on my plate to my satisfaction and the scale still reads "0". Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't log 0.4 gram to round down to '0', but since it's no calories and mostly salt I don't care.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    seasonings, sometimes lettuce, wine vinegar, stuff that's hardly any calories
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Spices and seasonings

Yeah that's a pain and for that reason I actually stopped too. Also maybe I am getting better/lazy at eye balling things (if I make them myself). As I use a lot of the same ingredients I THINK I have a decent indication if it's too much or too little
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Same as Chef Barbell. Herbs and spices.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    After peaking into some food diaries, I notice that a lot of people even log their vitamins/supplements. Thoughts on this? I can see doing it if you consume all your vitamins in gummy form. :wink: I've never logged my supplements, though I do take enough pills every day to choke a horse.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Herbs and spices.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Fresh squeezed lemon juice. A lot of food I cook on stovetop (like spinach) has fresh lemon juice squeezed in to it. I prob should log it, but I cant be bothered weighing it and getting one more dish dirty just to weigh it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Herbs and spices, sugar free gum, diet soda, and sugar free ketchup. I leave some exercise calories on the table for this kind of stuff, though.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    I don't log pills I take cuz 1 is consumed in middle of the night and 1 is consumed first thing in morning...if the cap I leave them in is full in the morning, means I forgot...if its empty, means I took it. So not logging those meds.
    I don't log a diet coke cuz I drink one in a blue moon and we haven't had a blue moon in awhile hehe
    I don't log added low sodium salt or water.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    anybeary wrote: »
    After peaking into some food diaries, I notice that a lot of people even log their vitamins/supplements. Thoughts on this? I can see doing it if you consume all your vitamins in gummy form. :wink: I've never logged my supplements, though I do take enough pills every day to choke a horse.

I log my supplements that have calories and add to my macros. I had never thought about it until I read something that made me take a look at everything I was taking & I realized that the prebiotic supplement I'm taking is 30 calories & my fish oil supplements should count toward my fat intake.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I log spinach lettuce and cucumbers, but I don't worry about weighing them. I just eye ball those. Lemon juice, lime juice, the splash of almondmilk/light coconutmilk I put on my cereal.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Sugar free gum, the sugar free maple syrup I squirt on my eggs or in oatmeal, sometimes the remnants of broken cookies or chips... :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Hot sauce