I feel like giving up

lovelykrissy96
lovelykrissy96 Posts: 1 Member
edited August 2017 in Motivation and Support
Im 160lbs 5 foot 4 and had a baby almost 8 months ago. I wanna lose the weight because i dont have any curves to go with it and not just that i do not wear this weight well at all. I have been trying to watch calories and other things to stay on this diet but its just too hard. Im starving all the time. The food tastes horrible. I cant afford all these healthy groceries either. The body i was hoping to get was just deemed impossible without surgery by a personal trainer. Why does this all have to be so hard? I just wanna look and feel pretty again....

Replies

• LifeChange_32
    LifeChange_32 Posts: 2 Member
    You are not alone. I'm sure many (me specifically right now) feel the exact same way you do. I recently had a baby as well. It's hard and unfortunately not a short journey. The patience for results is the worst part. Friend me, we can help motivate each other!
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Doesn't have to be hard. I'm 5' 4" I'm 194. Neither of us are at the weight we would like to be. I delivered twins 10 months ago. Don't look at this as "DIETING" look at it as trying to make healthy choices. If you like fruits and veggies it shouldn't be a hard decision. Yes some stuff can be expensive. Just buy a little at a time. Look for bargains. Depending on the distance of stores. You can do this. I've found the most important is not to beat yourself up if you make one bad choice. For instance. My husband's birthday is this coming Sunday. He wants Sunday brunch. You better believe I'm going to indulge. So throughout the rest of this week I'm going to make the best choices I can for breakfast lunch and dinner. Feel free to add me. You're not alone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Let's say you give up. What that going to do? How many calories are you eating a day?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Im 160lbs 5 foot 4 and had a baby almost 8 months ago. I wanna lose the weight because i dont have any curves to go with it and not just that i do not wear this weight well at all. I have been trying to watch calories and other things to stay on this diet but its just too hard. Im starving all the time. The food tastes horrible. I cant afford all these healthy groceries either. The body i was hoping to get was just deemed impossible without surgery by a personal trainer. Why does this all have to be so hard? I just wanna look and feel pretty again....

Please don't get surgery from a personal trainer... see a doctor!! :laugh:

What are you eating that tastes horrible? Eat what you like, just a bit less...
  • vxCricketxv
    vxCricketxv Posts: 26 Member
    Don't give up. It's not an easy change at first, but it's worth it. You're worth it. Eat what you like- just log your calories and make adjustments one day at time.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Though I don't ascribe to Weight Watchers as a system, Foster (their founder) has a few wise words: "The harder you are on yourself, the worse you do." If it's too hard, think of ways to make it easier. Take it a single change at a time. Do you have an Aldi near you? They've got good produce for nearly half-price chain grocery stores. Try making one small improvement per week. Drink more water, for instance, or eat one more serving of vegetables. Engage your support network.

The easier this process is for you, the more successful you will be. Your body does not have to be perfect to be amazing.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    You can do this, and you're in the right place to start. Friends, motivation, encouragement is here and more.
    Add me if you would like to. My short and quick advice.... do something each day.
    Be Fit, Be Strong, Be Healthy, Be Happy and Be Better!
  • ibike4fun2
    ibike4fun2 Posts: 2 Member
    Hard to find any decent food these days.
  • descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    Of course, it's preferable to lose weight on healthy food, but you don't need a perfect diet to lose weight. It was actually surprising what I could eat and still lose weight; the only thing I changed about my diet were my portions (and a 16:8 eating pattern) for the longest time. I'm eating better right now, but that's a very recent change.

Not to mention, if your healthy food tastes bad, you're probably doing something to cause that, either eating foods you don't enjoy or preparing them in a way you don't enjoy. There are many tasty options out there, just takes some time to find them and figure out how to cook them to your liking. I don't eat any food I don't like so long as I've given it a fair chance; it's not worth the struggle, wasted money, and decreased enjoyment of life imo.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Don't give up! My baby is turning 5 in November and I still have 40 pounds to go to be my pre-baby weight! It's taking forever but we have all the time in the world. As long as the scale budges a little or at least doesn't go up we will get there eventually.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    You gain nothing by giving up (other than weight). Better to work out a sustainable plan that involves small and comfortable changes so that you can stick to them for life. You do not have to be eating plain and boring food to lose weight. There are numerous recipe sites with the nutritional information (sparkrecipes is one such site). You can simply adapt your favourite foods or eat them in smaller portions. You can still work treats into your daily food and you do not have to take the most aggressive route - 1 - 1.5 Ibs will possibly work best for you - slow and steady does indeed tend to win the race and maintain the end result.

Sit down, have a think, make a plan and stick to it.
    You do not need to have surgery to attain the results you desire. There are people on here who have been double your weight and lost without surgery.
    Have faith.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    The alternative isn't great. I'd be sure to put just 1# a week weight loss. If you're eating a bunch of cookies and chips at 5'4" you won't have many calories left for food that will actually satisfy your body nutritionally. I'm 5'2" and know how tough it is. You need to get committed to making this happen for the long haul. I get on here every day and without fail will read a tidbit of info that I find useful or motivates me. This is a fantastic resource.

I'm aiming for about a pound a month weight loss. Nothing too drastic or I'll binge eat, as I've found out from two previous visits to this site over the years. I'm down 16 pounds and get to eat some junk food daily. But I log it. I log everything. So if the scale doesn't budge I can look back at my diary and see what I need to change. Hang in there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You lose weight just like everybody else, by consistently eating less than you burn.

Losing weight is just as hard or easy as you make it. You have to get out of your comfort zone. But you want maximum results from minimal effort:

Don't try to watch calories, don't go on a diet - just track calories, but do it correctly.

You're not supposed to starve - how many calories are you eating? Do you mean that you're hungry? Hunger isn't an emergency unless you are starving. Do you mean that you feel deprived? Have you cut out everything you like? Why?

What are you eating that tastes so horrible? Why?

What healthy groceries are you buying that are so expensive?
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Add me and I can help you get back on track. Also, try to eat the basic stuff like chicken, vegetables, fruits, nuts, etc. I try to stay away from boxed foods, reduced fat, gluten free, etc. There are some great recipes online that are easy. Limit soft drinks, Gatorade, alcohol, etc. Do you have an exercise program?
    Stay away from that trainer. You don't need surgery. And I don't BS, well not often, anyway, but you look awesome in your pic with your baby.
    Don't quit and you can do this.