Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Replies

• amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I'm looking at the time of your last 2 posts. I realize that by now your 72 hours has passed. Congratulations! 2 inches gone from your middle is great! That's positive health.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    I ended my fast well after 73h ... my fast was from 3pm to 2pm, yesterday was the worse day... this morning was fine body was happy as he knew he was going to be fed.
    Broke the fast with: home made kombucha a glass, then I had a steak with a tbsp of chorizo fat (something typical in spain called sobrasada) and a salad, (avocado,bits of cheddar cheese, green beans, onion, tomato, lettuce, celery, acv, olive oil. Then I had a tiny dark choco square and a yogurt with an infusion of Chaga tea.
    I didnt enjoy much the salad...didnt come out as good as other times perhaps the green beans too watery.
    Belly went up in size just by eating... must be some inflamation going on there. Oh well..
    will carry on with Omad for a few days and then back to 48h fasts and soon another 72h fast...

mtdz09t5prm2.jpg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Wow congrats on achieving your fast and your terrific weight loss and successful transition back to eating. Your meal looks super healthy and delicious. Thinking I should have a plan rather than winging it :o
  • barbheart
    @katjustkat I dont perceive you winging are you? I see you encouraging us all to keep going!!! I have a long way to go and sometimes my motivation is not on High to drop the weight... this is my worse ennemy...the motivation... worked so much on accepting the overweight that I became comfy with it....
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Good work babe! I'm proud of you! I do one of these every week and they are a pain in the a** but they do the trick :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    barbheart wrote: »
    @katjustkat I dont perceive you winging are you? I see you encouraging us all to keep going!!! I have a long way to go and sometimes my motivation is not on High to drop the weight... this is my worse ennemy...the motivation... worked so much on accepting the overweight that I became comfy with it....

I guess I feel like I'm 'winging' it because I am plain and simple doing OMAD. I'm not yet trying to perfect the opportunity that OMAD gives. Eating whatever I want for my dinner without a lot of thought. Maybe I'm on the honeymoon stage. I hope I can go along just doing this for a while. But...I feel like I'm not doing enough...but...again...when I give myself rules I rebel against them. Just my personality and past experience.
    Ya I definitely got comfortable with the weight too through the years...until I see pictures and then it's like gahhhh. So I guess we just have to put our heads down and day by day, losing weight will be automatic. Such great wisdom on here to unlock our own puzzles.
    **Dang side note...hungry today :( only 6 hours left :p
  • barbheart
    katjustkat wrote: »

I guess I feel like I'm 'winging' it because I am plain and simple doing OMAD. I'm not yet trying to perfect the opportunity that OMAD gives. Eating whatever I want for my dinner without a lot of thought. Maybe I'm on the honeymoon stage. I hope I can go along just doing this for a while. But...I feel like I'm not doing enough...but...again...when I give myself rules I rebel against them. Just my personality and past experience.
    Ya I definitely got comfortable with the weight too through the years...until I see pictures and then it's like gahhhh. So I guess we just have to put our heads down and day by day, losing weight will be automatic. Such great wisdom on here to unlock our own puzzles.
    **Dang side note...hungry today :( only 6 hours left :p

I hear you Kat... sounds like a similar pattern to mine... but hey if you are dropping with OMAD than it is working for you. The thing would be that you dont drop at a healthy rate and then maybe its time to look at types of food, portions even food combinations or best styles for you... or else kick start things with a longer fast.

There are people getting pretty good results with fasts of 36h... and according to the studies on this 36h is the time when we rip the maximum benefits from a short extended fast.

I know... pictures... pictures and mirrors in shops and malls, they are vicious LOL! I recon my mirror is enchanted at home I always look amazing hahah
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Your photos are so pretty!
  • barbheart
    guys I am no longer grumpy! I had my OMAD today and I feel back to my "normal" self! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    guys I am no longer grumpy! I had my OMAD today and I feel back to my "normal" self! lol

WOOT WOOT!!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    :) No longer grumpy :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

Might be a translation error there! Barb, you may have thought she said "whinging" which is U.K. And Australian for "whining". What she actually said is "winging it" which means doing something without a plan.. of course I could be totally wrong and you really knew what she said - you guys did have a nice conversation after anyways!!
  • minigrrll
    Well done on the fast - such strength amazes me!! And it's awesome that you aren't grumpy anymore... :)
  • barbheart
    LOL Sarah yes sorry my english is not perfect you are right!!! thanks so much for the pointer!!!
  • barbheart
    Friends I am going to leave the group and carry on my journey.
    It was a real pleasure meeting you all and sharing with you these weeks.
    I wish you all a phenomenal weight loss and healing with OMAD and whatever strategies you are doing for improving your life!!!
    thanks so much for all the help, the support, the love, the care, it was a REAL pleasure to share with you!!!
    Much love
    Barbara
  • minigrrll
    LOL Sarah yes sorry my english is not perfect you are right!!! thanks so much for the pointer!!!

Your English is awesome! I'm embarrassed that I can't really speak any other languages. A little French but that's it. English speakers are so bad in terms of being unilingual. You Europeans are so much better in that regard...
  • minigrrll
    Friends I am going to leave the group and carry on my journey.
    It was a real pleasure meeting you all and sharing with you these weeks.
    I wish you all a phenomenal weight loss and healing with OMAD and whatever strategies you are doing for improving your life!!!
    thanks so much for all the help, the support, the love, the care, it was a REAL pleasure to share with you!!!
    Much love
    Barbara

Oh wow! So sad to see you go... Hope everything is ok... <3
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited August 2017
    Barbara, you will be missed. I pray all is well and that you have continued success on your journey. We will be here for you.
  • mistymeadows2005
    We'll miss you Barb! I hope everything is alright, and should you want to come back we will welcome you with open arms!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Sad to see you leave, Barb, but best of luck!!!!