Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    SO FUNNY! I was just about to post my OMAD pics from the weekend and I had Jimmy John's too! I kinda think we got the same thing! #9 Italian Nightclub? I'll post mine in a bit ;)

HaHa...great minds think alike. Yep #9....my fav and...I ate the whole thing :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LOL I ate luike 90% of mine, then I was over it LOL - PLUS I asked for avocado spread and they didn't put it on there! Those brats! >:)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I had to go back and read your vertigo posts. You aren't tall or anything are you? At 5'12", I used to be able to produce vertigo just by standing up quickly.
  • katjustkat
    LOL I ate luike 90% of mine, then I was over it LOL - PLUS I asked for avocado spread and they didn't put it on there! Those brats! >:)

Ha When I'm not OMADing...I eat 1/2 and save half for lunch the next day but...no way on one meal...I just kept eating bite after bite. man...I would be mad about the avocado spread too! That's like 1.50 -2.00$ for a smear...I used to get it on my tuna sub but then I started just adding my own avocado when I got home. Same with some of the pizza toppings...like onions..heck I would rather add my own nicely browned caramelized ones at home. I'm the least cheap person anyone knows but it just doesn't seem right to me.
    amflautist wrote: »
    I had to go back and read your vertigo posts. You aren't tall or anything are you? At 5'12", I used to be able to produce vertigo just by standing up quickly.
    Hi, nope lol not tall, I'm 5'6. I got diagnosed with Meunieres disease like 8 years ago. They know it's that because the vertigo is similar to cutting your head off and putting it in a fish tank then...spinning it. It doesn't even stop with your eyes closed. I only got it twice before, but it's like oh nooooooo...when the symptoms come on. This time I was able to nip it by doing the Epley positioning for benign paroxysmal positional vertigo...so I don't think it was the meunieres this time. Still feeling residual imbalance today...just can't quite walk straight. I'll be fine and hopefully won't get vertigo for another couple years. Ohhhh the trials and tribulations of the human body :s You sure are lucky to be so nice and tall! I always admire the tall beautiful model type girls when I see them in the stores.
  • katjustkat
    Pretty good day. Didn't get my walk in again ...still unbalanced...more so in the morning but didn't want to take a chance.
    Greek salad for dinner. Then...5 Werthers soft caramels :# and a chunk of ecce panis neo boule ( yummy white bread). I gotta start eating better. nvp34vdak9bw.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    That salad looks delicious... And super healthy! I don't worry about the odd "unhealthy" food, as long as the majority of what I eat is good...
  • katjustkat
    minigrrll wrote: »
    That salad looks delicious... And super healthy! I don't worry about the odd "unhealthy" food, as long as the majority of what I eat is good...

Thank you for your words. I'm my own worst enemy when I start doubting that I'm doing 'good enough'.
  • minigrrll
    I think getting into a groove with the OMAD and not feeling deprived in your food is the first step. If you really think you are eating badly in a few months, maybe start thinking about choices. So many people say that after doing OMAD for a fair while, they just naturally start craving more healthy food...
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    I was like that in the beginning.. I filled up on desserts and sweets. But after a while, your body naturally wants healthier more filling foods. I know that I will not be hungry if I eat more vegetables and protein, than having more than half my calories come from sweets.
  • katjustkat
    minigrrll & kokonani thank you...yes I think in the beginning it's exciting to get what we want. I guess it's a whole lot better than getting what we want 3 times a day :# or...feeling deprived of everything by going too strict. I'll try to hush my brain and not compare too much. Yes...hopefully in a couple months the good stuff will be mehhhh.
    I had fajitas for dinner. The picture of my plate is of just one but I had two. I also had some refried beans with cheese. I also had a left over artichoke and a piece of toffee that was 75 calories. Dinner was filling and yummy. Hope everyone had a good day :)8aya0sslgc3z.jpg
  • minigrrll
    And that looks like another awesome healthy meal to me! I have like 5 or 6 hours to go before I get to eat. I torture myself so badly by looking at everybody's yummy meals.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    I love looking at the photos though..!
  • minigrrll
    Same - sometimes I click on them and look at them on my big monitor... and drool
  • katjustkat
    Long day.... Had a taco salad for dinner and then...I got into a chocolate coconut bar. Ha I really like looking at everyone else's meals too but man they make me hungry at the wrong time. Hope everyone is trucking along <32vdjz3ouce9c.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Dinner tonight was homemade lasagna and peas. Had a couple carrot sticks too.642k013cv1wl.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Looks beautiful and tasty!
  • katjustkat
    Thanxxx Sandy....it was pretty darn good :D
    Tonights dinner is meatloaf, bake potato with butter and sour cream and some broccoli. Two pieces of pineapple for dessert.
    I decided not to weigh in...my head was playing games with me for several days about what the scale would say. I decided to keep my head down and just keep trucking along and when I feel my pants looser I'll weigh in :s Hope everyone is doing as well as you have been doing because you all are doing grrrrreat! o:)
    lzeo6srwuufc.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Yum, yum, yummmm!!!! I'm avoiding the scale for a couple of days myself, I've been naughty two days in a row. lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh looks amazing! That mushroom gravy though <3
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Meals are beautiful. Worthy of OMAD.