Amflautist's accountability thread

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Super nice start! nice reward you got this morning :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Very impressive - fresh yummy tomatoes are a huge weakness of mine! I'm not sure I would have been as strong as you... :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    edited August 2017
    Fasting Journal
    Last meal Thursday 8/17 7PM
    Weigh in 7AM each morning
    Day _____ Weight __ Del __ Total
    0 .... 8/18 ... 199.8
    1 .... 8/19 ... 197.0 ... -2.8
    2 .... 8/20 ... 195.8 ... -1.2 ... -4.0

I felt hungry yesterday at 5PM. I had to leave the kitchen, knew my power was waning. Mornings are easy. Tomatoes yesterday, fritters today.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Nice daily totals! You're doing great! Have fun with those fritters :)
  • katjustkat
    Great drop. I usually go out on a walk when I get hungry- hunger vanishes. I haven't been able to walk last couple days and definitely harder to fight the hunger. You're being strong and you goal is just within reach. Nice job :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Wow nice drop!!! amazing Amflautist!! well done and welcome back as Kat I am a newbie... 60 days Omading... nice walking the path along with you! :)
  • amflautist
    edited August 2017
    Fasting Journal
    0 .... 8/18 ... 199.8
    3 .... 8/21 ... 194.6 ... -1.2 ... -5.2

When I started this fast, I didn't know how long I would do it. I had no goal. Last night I realized that the goal of this fast is to help my knees, to move towards point they were in mid-May, when I had a business trip to Germany, and I was able to walk for 2-3 hours without problems. Fasting for 3 days has helped. Left knee - swelling gone - now no pain. Right knee - swelling down a bit - but it still hurts when I walk.

My short-term goal now is to be able to walk for 2-3 hours by the last week of September, when I will be in Barcelona, my fav city in the whole world!!

I'm betting the extra weight has been a big cause of the recent problems. In mid-May, I weighed ~186. When I wrecked my right knee (September 2015), I weighed 172. My new long-term goal is 165, for the health of my knees. I think this is a reasonable goal, since most of my life, until I was 50, I weighed 152-155.

I have no goal for the length of this fast. I'm now doing it for my right knee, and I will just see how much healing this can accomplish.
  • barbheart
    wow Amflautist congratulations for this healing of your knee!!!! and I hope you will heal the other knee soon!!! I live in Spain, love Barcelona, I am from Madrid.
    Will be following your progress! wishing you a fantastic fasting journey!
  • katjustkat
    Great that you are seeing results in your knee and the scale. You're doing the body good. Have a lovely, strong day :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Proud of you! I'm on my 72 hour weekly fast (might go 96 hours...it was a rough weekend LOL) and it does wonders for you! I don't know HOW you did all that food prep while fasting! Amazing!
  • amflautist
    edited August 2017
    Lol, starting to feel dizzy when I bend over to cut herbs (going to make pesto for the freezer) or to take a picture of the eclipse on our sunroom floor. Partial eclipse images created by sun filtered through wisteria leaves on the arbor outside the sunroom door.
    t4xrl27ku9j7.jpg

• mistymeadows2005
    VERY COOl!!!!!!!!
  • barbheart
    awesome reflections thanks for sharing the eclipse!!!
  • minigrrll
    Awesome eclipse picture!!
  • amflautist
    Fasting Journal
    0 .... 8/18 ... 199.8
    3 .... 8/21 ... 194.6 ... -1.2 ... -5.2
    4 .... 8/22 ... 193.0 ... -1.6 ... -6.8

RIght knee a lot better. No pain walking on flat, slight pain when climbing hill. Right leg still a bit swollen.
  • katjustkat
    Wow fantastic fast with great results weight wise and with the achiness. Wishing you strength mental and physical through your fast :)
  • minigrrll
    Wow - such great results! Well done.. No pain is even better!! :)
  • amflautist
    I broke my fast at 2PM yesterday. Today my right knee is very unhappy. I'm starting another fast today.
    Fasting Journal
    Last meal Thursday 8/22 2PM
    0 .... 8/23 ... 195.4
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Aww, sorry about your right knee pain. Hope this next fast helps it like this past one did for your left knee.
  • mistymeadows2005
    So sorry to hear your knee is bothering you - that's the WORST! Happy fasting...you're not alone m'love! I'm finishing out a fast today/tomorrow too!