Body fat guesstimate please

Hey guys- I just wanted to see what you'd put my body fat at. I have a number from my calipers, but they only measure using one spot on my body and I'm not sure how accurate that is. Not sure if it's pertinent information, but I'm 5'3 and 124 pounds.4rzoy2sf0h6x.jpg
oh8hca51d2ub.jpg
95partapu9ym.jpg
uozimdqvq3k9.jpg

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I would guess 18%...but what would I know!
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Nice bicep
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    i would guess around 20 look great!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    I'd go with low 20s, too. It's not always accurate, but for women definition in the abs tends to start showing up in the low 20s, and yours is just beginning to peek out :smile:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited August 2017
    mathjulz wrote: »
    I'd go with low 20s, too. It's not always accurate, but for women definition in the abs tends to start showing up in the low 20s, and yours is just beginning to peek out :smile:

depending on where one accumulates fat (genetics) abs could poke out at low 20's or for some need to get below 17%. important to look at the whole body, not just abdomen.

I would guess OP is in the 20-21% range
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    mathjulz wrote: »

depending on where one accumulates fat (genetics) abs could poke out at low 20's or for some need to get below 17%. important to look at the whole body, not just abdomen.

I would guess OP is in the 20-21% range

That would be my guess also.
  • lindyyy87
    lindyyy87 Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks you guys! My calipers put me at around 22% so it seems like that sounds about right.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I was going to go closer to 18 just because you seem to have a lot of muscle mass and the loose skin on your stomach may be throwing it off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    23% based on pics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Not sure, but you look very fit! Nice work! I'm also wondering what my body fat % is, but it's definitely higher than yours. Friend me and let me know if any of you want to take another look guess!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    10.3524678% ;-)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @lindyyy87 No clue, but you look awesome. Your arms are ridiculous — and I mean that in the BEST possible way. Did you do a specific lifting program? Your arms are now my 2018 goal.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yes, to what everyone has said. Your arms and shoulders are super sexy (not being a perv with that....). And your traps and upper chest look really good.

I am guessing that you have one child? And, not really asking so please do not feel that you need to respond to that.

Calipers are likely one of the lest effective ways to measure *BUT* here is the take-away with calipers: if you use them consistently then you can see the trend. That is what I like.....trends!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Low 20's - looking good! :D
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    I would say 21 – 23%, as well.
  • lindyyy87
    lindyyy87 Posts: 35 Member

I am guessing that you have one child? And, not really asking so please do not feel that you need to respond

Yes, two kids. I am on my way to accepting that I may never have visible lower abs... I’m unsure at this point if it’s loose skin or fat. I did manage to drop four pounds since this post, still no lower abs! k3l0mpt62l1j.jpeg
    19f5647tp1xe.jpeg
    x08vo6ad2myj.jpeg