Water Survey!

Options
I'm am super curious how others choose to drink their water: tap, filtered (at home from tap), or bottled?

I personally drink filtered water with a zero filter when possible, and sometimes when I'm in a pinch will buy "filtered" bottled water, but prefer not to because of the waste.

We travel for work, and many times are in areas with notoriously bad water and even in one case there ended up being a town nearby that found high levels of lead in the water, which is why we tend to not trust tap water.

So I guess I'm curious what you choose and why... and what state you live in if you feel comfortable!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    With a tea bag of choice in it.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Texas: usually a Brita pitcher in my fridge. I DO treat myself to "fancy" water about once a week. I buy Fiji or Icelandic or some such instead of dessert during grocery store trips or road trips.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    At home...filtered via Brita or out of a jug of distilled. We have filtered water bottle fillers at work. Elsewhere, I'll carry my own jug of distilled or drink soda.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Home: filtered through the refrigerator or Sparkling Ice
    Work: whatever brand is in our cooler to buy. Usually store brand/Nestle/Ice Mountain
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If I drink water it's from the work drinking fountain. I tend to drink other zero calorie drinks instead of water.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Tap water. Straight from the tap. It tastes fine to me and I've never seen a report indicating that our local water is tainted with anything. I'm in Ohio.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Lived in New Orleans. Always used filtered or bottled. Some municipalities you simply should not 100% trust.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    filtered from my fridge or whatever is in the water coolers at work...tap water as well, but it tastes a little different than the filtered, but it's perfectly ok...I live in New Mexico. I only buy bottled water when necessary...I think it's a waste for the most part...mostly if I'm out and about and thirsty with no other option or I'm in another country with questionable drinking water.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tap water. Sometimes with a little mint, cucumber, citrus or other fruits add into it.
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tap water, sometimes with crystal light in it but mostly just clear plain water
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Lived in New Orleans. Always used filtered or bottled. Some municipalities you simply should not 100% trust.

Unfortunately this is true, the water that comes out in FL not only smells but has a slight color to it... I don't care what anyone says I don't feel comfortable not filtering it/using bottled water instead. Also private wells can be super iffy too, if they aren't your own/if you don't know how well they are maintained etc.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tap at home. My tap water tastes good. I'm in IL.

We have a water cooler at work, so there I will use the cooler instead of tap (or sometimes have a LaCroix, since it's provided, or coffee).
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have well water, so mostly tap!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Kansas- filtered tap water
    I like cold water so we keep a filled PUR pitcher in the refrigerator.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I drink filter water from my fridge, or I'll get a gallon jug at the store - it's cheaper for a gallon of water than for a liter bottle
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    California. I don't like mineraly-tasting water (including our tap water, or brands like Arrowhead). At home we get 5gal bottles from Sparkletts. On the road I get SmartWater. At work I'll drink the stuff filtered from the fridge but I don't particularly like it.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    California. I don't like mineraly-tasting water (including our tap water, or brands like Arrowhead). At home we get 5gal bottles from Sparkletts. On the road I get SmartWater. At work I'll drink the stuff filtered from the fridge but I don't particularly like it.

Side note - I have a pending law suit with SmartWater..... I drank over 5 gallons of their water and I didn't get any smarter than I was to begin with. lol
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    My tap water tastes horrible. I buy gallons of drinking water and refill my Contigo bottle from that. Or, if I'm at work, I use the filtered water fountain.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We installed a Whirlpool under-the-counter filter we picked up from Lowe's. It means another hole in the counter and has a separate spigot. Mostly we did it because of the muddy swimming pool taste our water gets in the summer. The "system" was less than $100 and it's about $40 twice a year for the filters.

We found the ones you screw on the tap don't work very well. They tend to spring leaks or squirt water out sideways and once you change the filter it's hard to have them go back together right.