Weird things you do with food

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    If I'm eating a plate of different things, I save a bit of EACH thing for the LAST bite. So in a stir fry, the last bite will have a bit of EACH vegetable, etc. It gets weird with breakfast, when you leave a BIT of bacon, eggs, avocados, etc.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    I have to eat one side in it's entirety before moving on to the other stuff. I usually eat all of whatever is my least favorite, then eat the rest like a normal person
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I eat right out of the can. beefaroni, Scooby doos. oh well.who needs to heat that up? not me!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    I eat ketchup on my tacos.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    I eat right out of the can. beefaroni, Scooby doos. oh well.who needs to heat that up? not me!

I used to do this when I was a kid. Then we got a microwave.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited August 2017
    -- Probably the worst thing ever for you, but putting EZ Cheese on oreos tastes like cheesecake. I haven't done this in years.
    -- I used to eat BBQ sauce on white rice as a kid.
    -- A coworker recently showed me that baby carrots dipped in peach yogurt isn't half bad.
    -- I make "nachos" out of tortilla chips and all sorts of stuff in the fridge when I want something crunchy/cheesy/salty. I've had salami and mozzarella, pot roast and cheddar and gravy, chicken and spicy relish, etc...
    -- As a kid, my dad taught me about flour tortillas rolled up with butter and sugar. I've expanded to sometimes adding cinnamon, too. Also haven't done this in years!
    -- I love mixing BBQ anything with mac n cheese. This one is less weird.
    -- I eat Swiss Rolls by peeling off the chocolate layer first and unrolling it, eating away the cake and exposing the filling.
    -- Also not too weird is mixing ketchup and mayo for fry dip. Yum.
    -- I can't have a dip for my hot wings. I just want hothotHOT wings, no bleu cheese (gross), no ranch, no nothin'.
    -- Eating cake/cookies/brownies requires water, NOT milk.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Misskcm wrote: »
    Another for me (I'm just weird with food in general I guess...) is leftover salad, or soggy salad. Day old Caesar Salad? Nom.

Yes!! Caesar salad once it's sat in the refrigerator over night is good!!

I make my salads in the morning just so it gets a little soggy lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    jkirby0036 wrote: »
    my kids eat pancakes with mustard, I tend to take everything apart when I eat it. Like kitkats, I bite the chocolate off each of sides then take each wafer off and eat it. M&Ms- I will bite the shell off first while its in my mouth then eat the chocolate. I'm sure there is more weirdness about me, I just can't think of it at the moment.

I do that with Pizza & used to do that with burgers (when I could eat red meat).
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    -- As a kid, my dad taught me about flour tortillas rolled up with butter and sugar. I've expanded to sometimes adding cinnamon, too. Also haven't done this in years!.

Try it with butter and honey. It's sinfully good!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited August 2017
    -- Probably the worst thing ever for you, but putting EZ Cheese on oreos tastes like cheesecake. I haven't done this in years.

Well, huh. I'd be willing to give that a shot. :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    When I was a teenager I used to put ketchup, mustard, & mayonnaise on popcorn. I wouldn't put them on all at the same time though.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Lemon juice and granulated sugar on pancakes

Salsa on eggs

Vegemite, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches

Orange juice on my cereal instead of milk

This is how I was brought up to eat pancakes/crepes, and a common topping at creperies..it's delicious!

I love it and never thought it was weird until I went to the USA and everyone freaked out!

Haha.... Perhaps they are the weird ones :)

My European friends freaked out at Fairy Bread. They couldn't understand the amazingness of 100s & 1000s on buttered white bread! :p

Isn't that basically hagelslag?
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Odd stuff I nosh on:

Hot dogs and mayo
    Ranch and fries
    Chicken nuggets and honey
    Uncooked ramen noodles
    Fries in frosty
    Turkey/chicken giblets (gizzards are like meaty gummi bears to me),
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 96 Member
    Oh sometimes I like a grilled pb sandwich

Grilled PBJ here. Just every once in a while. And since I saw it in Bon Appetit, I spread mayonnaise on the outside of the bread instead of butter for that and grilled cheese.
    My Dad's favorites were fried bologna sandwiches and fish cakes. Once in a while I get a hankering for those.
    And I'm a mixer. My favorite childhood meal was hamburger, gravy, corn, and mashed potatoes all mixed together. Still love it!
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Put bologna and ketchup on my grilled cheese and ketchup in mac and cheese
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    French fries dipped in tartar sauce.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Somebody mentioned peanut butter and melted cheese sandwiches? My daughter used to do that and it grossed me out! But when *I* was a kid, I'd eat cold leftover spaghetti, salad, and French dressing sandwiches. Grossed my mom out. Guess fair's fair! I would also mix my pintos, mac and cheese, and corn up on the plate and eat it. Very unappealing to look at, but tasted just fine.

Sometimes I sprinkle chili powder on my french toast before I add syrup. I did it by accident once, "hello, there, not-cinnamon!" and decided I liked it. I, too, take my wafer cookies apart layer by layer. It lasts longer that way.