Your August 2017 goals

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Yeah, lots of walking - I have a treadmill desk that I walk on (very very slowly - like 3kmph) for a couple of hours in the morning and then I usually do a 3km walk with the dogs and then I do the same walk a couple of hours later with my partner (ha - I walk the dogs and then I walk my partner!).

I also do steady state bike rides sometimes, but I find them fairly boring - the HIIT goes by so much faster...

HIIT is good but some folks don't realize that it is necessary to have a base of just continuous long cardio workouts so the HIIT can be tolerated better. In running, you typically build a base of long distance, then some hills, then some HIIT sprint work. If you just try to do the HIIT sprint work, you will fail to get into really good shape and will probable get sick and burned out quickly. You can only build a pyramid as big as a base allows. That is why I asked. Sounds like your getting in good base work.

Agreed - and I actually do need to do more of the higher HR longer rides (walking probably isn't cutting it there), I just have a very hard time staying motivated to do that. I don't do well with boredom. I used to do lots of long steady state rides outside, but I've moved since then and there's nowhere fun to go around here. I should really just throw the bike on top of my car and go somewhere cool... Excuses abound!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    My goal is to find a routine as quickly as I can as I start back to school. I have a new position this year and it will come with many adjustments. I am hoping to hold off eating until after school. But I have an hour commute this year and I KNOW that drive is going to be torture if I am hungry. I'll have to have a little snack chia oat bar something or other on the drive. I am also wanting to stay connected here.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    My goal is to find a routine as quickly as I can as I start back to school. I have a new position this year and it will come with many adjustments. I am hoping to hold off eating until after school. But I have an hour commute this year and I KNOW that drive is going to be torture if I am hungry. I'll have to have a little snack chia oat bar something or other on the drive. I am also wanting to stay connected here.

Workout before you drive home. It will kill your appetite for an hour tell you get home.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member

If you could maintain your fasted state while at work, that would be great. You could always just consider the snack bar as a way to open your window and then close your window after dinner. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sorry I'm so late in posting my goals guys! But here they are:

Get down to 175
    Maintain my weekly 2 full fasts
    Kick more a** at work (not omad related but still lol)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    My goal to carry on not deviating from SUCCESS. I will leave all options OPEN in terms of succeeding ha!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member

Get down to 175

Steph 2 full fasts means a 48h fast or 24h fasts twice a week?
  • mistymeadows2005
    barbheart wrote: »

Get down to 175

Steph 2 full fasts means a 48h fast or 24h fasts twice a week?

Depends on the week...sometimes it's a straight 72 `hour fast... Sometimes it's 2 seperated 48 hr fasts
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Great work guys!!

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited August 2017
    OK this is the third month and I still am looking at reaching the same goal of getting into the 150s. June was a bust, July was a bust, but August will see the 160's gone for good. My vacation caused me a gain and I have 10 pounds to lose to hit 159 and by golly I am going to do it in August.

1. Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian meals
    2. Get into the 150's
    3. Add more exercise - strength training

What are your goals for the month of August?

Soooo, how did I do?

- My month of vegetarian meals was a complete success. Will definitely be having more vegetarian days from now on.

- I was able to get out of the 160's for good and got half way through the 150's. (nearly 15 pounds lost)

- Not so good on the exercise front. Have been averaging 17K+ steps a day, but have not bumped up the strength training much. Will be focusing hard on this in September.
  • mistymeadows2005
    OK this is the third month and I still am looking at reaching the same goal of getting into the 150s. June was a bust, July was a bust, but August will see the 160's gone for good. My vacation caused me a gain and I have 10 pounds to lose to hit 159 and by golly I am going to do it in August.

2. Get into the 150's

Soooo, how did I do?

- My month of vegetarian meals was a complete success. Will definitely be having more vegetarian days from now on.

- I was able to get out of the 160's for good and got half way through the 150's. (nearly 15 pounds lost)

- Not so good on the exercise front. Have been averaging 17K+ steps a day, but have not bumped up the strength training much. Will be focusing hard on this in September.

You did amazing babe! Great work!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Weight shedding goal- 3 to 4 pounds to get to 176.9 or 175.9

Exercise goal--get through my 2 hardest HIIT strength training workouts without having to modify or stop halfway through harder segments. Lol

It's not my official weekly weigh-in today, tomorrow is, however, I exceeded my August goal by just over a pound. I was 173.9 this morning. I'm very happy!

Still working on the HIIT goal. Lol
  • minigrrll
    Weight shedding goal- 3 to 4 pounds to get to 176.9 or 175.9

Exercise goal--get through my 2 hardest HIIT strength training workouts without having to modify or stop halfway through harder segments. Lol

It's not my official weekly weigh-in today, tomorrow is, however, I exceeded my August goal by just over a pound. I was 173.9 this morning. I'm very happy!

Still working on the HIIT goal. Lol

Awesome on the weight loss goal!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Well, I think I have enough confidence in the process now to try a weight goal again - this is around 7 pounds from where I am today, so hard, but doable!:
    • Hit 174 lbs

I didn't hit my goal - I missed it by 1.5 lbs. Not unhappy in the least though, as I started August at 181 and ended it at 175.9 giving me a nice 5.1 lb loss for the month! I'm always amazed when I lose more than a pound a week... :)
  • minigrrll

2. Get into the 150's

Soooo, how did I do?

Wow - you did so well!
  • wsandy8512
    @minigrrll, thank you! You did great as well!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Hi!
    For me in August I should keep what I started yesterday 31.07, that is OMAD, starting this way of life and keep going
    I want to lose minimum 4 kg this month
    And I want to enjoy this new style with photos of my meals and a nice attitude
    And I want to relax more and be more Zen

Hi !
    So only 2.6 kg lost with ups and downs
    No photos , no relax, no Zen, stressing period at job and home
    But I kept my OMAD meals, at least
    Hope September will be better!
  • minigrrll
    Hi!
    For me in August I should keep what I started yesterday 31.07, that is OMAD, starting this way of life and keep going
    I want to lose minimum 4 kg this month
    And I want to enjoy this new style with photos of my meals and a nice attitude
    And I want to relax more and be more Zen

Hi !
    So only 2.6 kg lost with ups and downs
    No photos , no relax, no Zen, stressing period at job and home
    But I kept my OMAD meals, at least
    Hope September will be better!
    2.6 is so good!! You should be proud especially if you were dealing with lots of stress...
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I'll put down a goal for August of having my weekly max weight down to 187. Also complete a 2.5 hour run.
    All goals met.
    Max weekly weight at 186
    Ran over 2.5 hours last Sun.
    Also lost 10 lbs for the month.

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Goals for August.

Hit 192 ... 5 lb loss.

No Sugar Substitutes.

Well I hit my goal, right on the nose. 192 exactly this morning.

I haven't done so well with the sugar substitutes. You win some, you lose some.