Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks guys :)
    Tonight's dinner...I made tacos. I also had 1/4 of this salad and a small bunch of grapes. Tacos were big and I'm too stuffed! Can't... type....anymore...need....to ...shut....my ....eyes....Hope you all had an excellent day :) ***Oooohhhh I decided to put off the meat free for a while. I really don't want ANY rules at this point. That's why I got off OMAD last time...I was watching too many you tube videos and got too smart about doing this 'optimally" then I rebelled and stopped....so my one rule is: NO rules lol.
    hec14d1e9re8.jpg
    t7mthmemtzbj.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I like your rule!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited September 2017
    Man, those tacos look good!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That all looks sooo yummy!!!
  • katjustkat
    edited September 2017
    Thanks Brenda...I def need my food to appeal to me. I'm also trying to please my son so it's a bit skewed.
    blambo...yep No rules RULE! lol
    Arguablysam....Yes, they def were good...and they were MAN sized.

So tonight I was wanting to make something easy and tasty.... it wasn't all that easy...By the time you roll out and stretch the dough and the flour is flying...I made fresh pizzas on the smoker. Monterey jack, mortadella, fresh mozzarella, smoked mozzerella, pepperoni, tomato sauce,
    fresh garlic oil & fresh basil. It was yummy. I also had a salad and 2 rings of grilled pineapple. Got my walk in early morning today which left me with a somewhat hungry late afternoon. I persevered tho knowing I was gonna get mine with the pizza. I also got my walk in yesterday but forgot to note it. Feeling a lil too full. Did have 2 pieces of pizza. Hope everyone is well :)
    ghu2e0fkmwim.jpg
    pjaudrybh8rd.jpg
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I've never heard of smoked pizza! That's pretty cool :)
    I LOVE grilled fruit! My future father-in-law is coming over to grill today, and I am hoping he can put some peaches on for me. Yum!
  • katjustkat
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I've never heard of smoked pizza! That's pretty cool :)
    I LOVE grilled fruit! My future father-in-law is coming over to grill today, and I am hoping he can put some peaches on for me. Yum!

Hi Britt, yes it cooked up nice and crisp on the smoker. Had a nice flavor too. I will probably just get a papa murphy's and dress it up next time and throw it on the smoker. A lot easier. And yes the pineapple was super good...so sweet. :p
  • katjustkat
    So I've been keyed up all day because I have a lot of preparing for my daughters birthday meal tomorrow. Going to make this flourless cake as we've shared a slice at whole foods before and we were both blown away: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/flourless-chocolate-cake-dark-chocolate-glaze
    I have a big bowl of left over taco meat from the other night so I decided to have tacos again. I ate at 4 and that's an hour earlier than usual. I also had a handful of wheat thin crackers and a large chocolate chip cookie :# Just feeling nervous but now I can proceed with all prepping. I'll be smoking a brisket tomorrow and a mini feast to go with it. Luckily I don't like to over eat so there will be auto-trigger limit activated. Hope everyone had a great day.*** ummm...yes I kinda like cheese :|
    ncm9jt93ajfh.jpg

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Cheese.... My Achilles heel...
  • katjustkat
    Sarah... cheese...the Devils work >:)
    So today I had to cook for my daughters birthday that was really last month...Didn't do any tasting all day so that was good. Had a caesar salad, smoked brisket, bake potato, baked beans and a piece of the flourless chocolate cake which was intensely rich. We had raspberries, fresh whip cream and raspberry gelato to balance out all the chocolate. My son made the cake. He has a degree in biochemical engineering so he says cooking is like a science experiment that you can eat. The picture of the brisket was actually my future son in law's plate...I didn't have the sausage and I only had a lil scoop of beans. His plate was prettier :p
    icitubp54lye.jpg
    5rwmjmzpiqfm.jpg
    uzhby5hdpedp.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Raspberries are my favourite too... Drool... We had raspberry canes at my childhood home in Canada and I would just sit there and gorge on them... So good! That cake looks to die for!
  • katjustkat
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Raspberries are my favourite too... Drool... We had raspberry canes at my childhood home in Canada and I would just sit there and gorge on them... So good! That cake looks to die for!

Ha yeah...My daughter made us take her to Oregon last month to pick blackberries. They grow wild everywhere like weeds and you have to watch out because they spray them with herbicides to kill them. They went to a berry farm and ate more than went in the bucket....lol
    Yeah there's the recipe for that cake above. It's basically, chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar. It's gluten free. The good thing about it is it has intense flavor and is so rich, therefore you really can only handle eating a sliver and you're totally satisfied unlike gorging on a bunch of nothingness for the grocery store bakeries.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Oh cheese, how I love thee...you are my soulmate, cheese <3<3<3
  • katjustkat
    Tonight I had chicken masala over rice and a salad. Had 1/2 cup of raspberry sorbet. That's all...hope everyone is truckin' along :*5jrgwq9cgdq4.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Love Brisket! We have a blackberry bush in the back yard and I will go out there after work and just eat. They are ripe right now!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NOM NOM NOM! Looks delish!
  • katjustkat
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Love Brisket! We have a blackberry bush in the back yard and I will go out there after work and just eat. They are ripe right now!

Ha my daughter would sneak into your garden and feed her face. >:)
    NOM NOM NOM! Looks delish!

Ha...so much eating huhn? So much cooking too :s
  • katjustkat
    So tonight I had salmon with a lil taziki for dipping, black beans and rice, and I attempted to make chile relleno. I baked it instead of frying it so it looks a weird but tasted pretty dog gone good. Had a sliver of that chocolate cake and a hefty tablespoon of the raspberry gelato. Hope everyone is doing well, we can do it! ;)vx56ue162bjm.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes you're right, we can do it!!! :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    What a great looking chile relleno!