Ouch knee pain!

Shan_Wow89
Shan_Wow89 Posts: 54 Member
edited September 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone else find that their knees hurt from going on walks or even trying to use a treadmill? My knees must hate me, because since I became more active both at work and home my knees are killing me I can't put weight onmy right knee or, climb stairs without major pain (which sucks since I live on the 2nd floor) push carts at work without pain... even sitting in my chair typing this it hurts!!!

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Knee pain from walking is something you should see a physiotherapist about.
  • Shan_Wow89
    I'm calling my doctors office tomorrow! I've had knee pain before, but not like this
  • LeLoupVit
    LeLoupVit Posts: 18 Member
    Regarding painful knees: Yes, please see a medical doctor right away! Give them as much information as possible so you feel better soon.

On a personal note, I've experienced soreness on one knee, but when I learned to use my finger tips to massage my front and back leg muscles and gently applied as well a muscle roller to my back leg muscles and my thigh muscles, my sore knee disappeared. This personal experience amongst others continues to remind me of the importance of self-care before and after exercise (e.g., stretching, body-weight strength conditioning exercises, self-massaging, etc.). In fact, I've practically become my own yoga instructor and masseuse in so doing.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Good to rule out any major issue.

Usually, ice and ibuprofen.in the short term. Strength training (PT) longer term.
  • Shan_Wow89
    Today I felt better, still a but stiff, but better! I can't take ibuprofen, but have been using acetaminophen, so far I haven't moved unless necessary... once I see my doctor I'll have more infor! Thank you everyone for the well wishes and tips!