What do you miss, that isn't accessible now?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Melon soda
    • TMNT Hostess pies (I saw someone else misses them, too)
    • TMNT cereal (had the coolest prizes and I love marshmallow cereals)
    • Those weird tie-dye day-glo shirts that were heat reactive.
    • Ecto Cooler Hi-C (they brought it back for a time, but took it away from me again)
    • Pork buns and bento boxes from the Japanese 7/11 :(
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Military Grade Ether.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Military Grade Ether.

That *kitten* good
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I miss cookies & creme Twix!

For years I missed the original New York Seltzer, but they brought it back and ugh, it's just sweet and kind of nasty tasting to me now.

I also miss old movie theaters that have been torn down for years, and lots of stores & trees and houses that were destroyed in a tornado in my hometown.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    I miss cookies & creme Twix!

For years I missed the original New York Seltzer, but they brought it back and ugh, it's just sweet and kind of nasty tasting to me now.

I also miss old movie theaters that have been torn down for years, and lots of stores & trees and houses that were destroyed in a tornado in my hometown.

This reminds me, that I miss my favorite candy bar: Java Twix! I also miss, my favorite cookie: Oreo Coconut Cremes! :'(
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    LeLoupVit wrote: »
    I miss seeing nothing but grass and trees for miles and miles, a night sky filled with stars that shine so brightly, and riding my bike down hills that would take me down so fast it would feel like flying. Those were things I had when I lived in upstate New York. But now as I currently live in the city, I don't have those things anymore save for in my imagination.

This' beautiful (you're cutting onions)! :'(
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Mojos... and a resturant called Bonanza... and the old school ladies wranglers
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    I miss Borders bookstore -- the smell of coffee when you walked in the door, all the books and big armchairs. Went under due to Amazon.
  • Motorsheen
    Tower Records
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My youthful optimism.

100% this
    I'm still optimistic, but I used to feel 'high' on it
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    The internet...cell reception...while I am camping...reception is awful tonight and it's stressing me out
  • JimmyTooStrong
    JimmyTooStrong Posts: 69 Member
    Being able to go even one day without almost getting run off the road by some *kitten* texting or looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the road.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Talking to my sister
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    edited September 2017
    I miss my Mom and Dad
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Being able to go even one day without almost getting run off the road by some *kitten* texting or looking at their phone instead of paying attention to the road.

Exactly!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Food I could only find in France :(
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Clearly Canadian fizzy drinks. The American knock off stuff isn't terrible, but it's nowhere near the same and doesn't come close to the flavors/varieties.
  • Motorsheen
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Tower Records

Records, turntables and record stores. I know records and turn tables have come back a little, but mine all got warped being in storage for so long. :'(

(

Nothing quite like going through a dusty bin of albums looking for treasure.
    I have a couple of turntables up and running and a pretty solid collection of albums.
    Digital audio can't compete with a great analog set up.