Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    widgit808 wrote: »
    eaqta3svmyti.jpg
    Supper! Also attempting the pumpkin pie ice cream fluff later -- it sounds so good and I'm not even a pumpkin pie fan.

Can't wait to spiralize some butternut too!

Awesome! Is this 1 meal for 1 person? My dinner is usually one tray of veg but i also include a protein so that gobbles up my calories.

That was just for me! The butternut was frozen and turned to complete mush when I baked it, will only use fresh moving forward, but I gobbled up the rest for about 400 cals.

We are two peas in a pod...i just need to reduce my protein...right now it feels.like it need 4 oz to feel satisfied but maybe ill try uping the veg
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Diner last night was high volume and amazing!

Olive Oil spray
    Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger chopped up into pieces (never had one before, was impressed)
    Half a bag of steamed Cauliflower Rice about 140g
    Mixed Vegetables (Great Value) 170g
    1.5 TBSP of low sodium Teriyaki Sauce
    18g shredded cheese (added after picture)

342 cals, 25g protein, 14g fiber

Tonight I will make it again but omit the cheese, it was so good it didn't even need it. Maybe add more sauce of some kind.. anybody ever tried mixing Greek yogurt with Teriyaki Sauce? :D

I am not a veggie meal expert but this was damn good!

Add in TBSP nutritional yest. Gooooooood :)

I will give that a try! Thanks :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I made a "microwave cake" last night with protein powder (scoop), baking powder and soda (1/4 tsp each) and water. Needs some finessing but got a good volume of stodge to go with my Halo Top as a pretty big dessert for about 200 cals.

I've been wondering what to do when it gets too cold to eat fluff ice cream, I'll try this. Sounds similar to Kodiak Muffins. Did you do it in a coffee mug?
  • ElvenToad
    Besides the carrots (yuck) that looks super delicious!

The broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend was the only veggies I had :D
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    I made a "microwave cake" last night with protein powder (scoop), baking powder and soda (1/4 tsp each) and water. Needs some finessing but got a good volume of stodge to go with my Halo Top as a pretty big dessert for about 200 cals.

I've been wondering what to do when it gets too cold to eat fluff ice cream, I'll try this. Sounds similar to Kodiak Muffins. Did you do it in a coffee mug?

Theproteinchef.co has some good microwave protein recipes on his site. I've made the cobbler and the mug cakes and protein brownie and protein cookies. They are all good. I did all of these last winter. They are all pretty good volume and filling for the calories.

To cut calories on some of them, I subbed out Greek yogurt for butter, and the recipes still worked just fine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator

Theproteinchef.co has some good microwave protein recipes on his site. I've made the cobbler and the mug cakes and protein brownie and protein cookies. They are all good. I did all of these last winter. They are all pretty good volume and filling for the calories.

To cut calories on some of them, I subbed out Greek yogurt for butter, and the recipes still worked just fine.

That are the recipes i use. The protein brownies and pumpkin bread is good too
  • ElvenToad

This will kill a chocolate craving, pretty tasty mug brownie. In fact out of all the recipes I've tried, this was the only one that didn't go straight into the trash and actually tasted like its supposed to.

30g protein powder (I used chocolate)
    5g cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    60 ml almond milk
    sweetener of choice

microwave 35-40 seconds, when it reaches the top of the mug its done.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

That are the recipes i use. The protein brownies and pumpkin bread is good too

My husband ate all that pumpkin bread! I barely got to try it!!!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I made it in a bowl but I think just blitz in 30 second increments and keep checking on it.
  • nowine4me
    Here's what I'm thinking I'll try today, wanted to see if anyone had made similar and if yeah or nea. Concept: Apple Crisp (baked)

3-4 peeled and sliced apples tossed in mix of quest salted caramel and cinnamon crunch, maybe with a bit of water or sugar free apple sauce to moisten it. Top with rolled oats mixed with melted butter, almond flour, and a little more Of the Quest mix above. Bake 350 until bubbly?

Maybe top with a little vanilla or salted caramel ice cream fluff? I calculate 4 servings at about 200 cals each.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Here's what I'm thinking I'll try today, wanted to see if anyone had made similar and if yeah or nea. Concept: Apple Crisp (baked)

3-4 peeled and sliced apples tossed in mix of quest salted caramel and cinnamon crunch, maybe with a bit of water or sugar free apple sauce to moisten it. Top with rolled oats mixed with melted butter, almond flour, and a little more Of the Quest mix above. Bake 350 until bubbly?

Maybe top with a little vanilla or salted caramel ice cream fluff? I calculate 4 servings at about 200 cals each.

Sounds good to me. Please let us know how it turns out..and share the complete recipe and amounts of ingredients if it's a winner!
  • nowine4me
    The Apple crisp didn't work out. The flavor was good, but where brown sugar would get all melty and caramelize with the apples, the PP just was dry and powdery (go figure).. Then there wasn't enough butter in the oatmeal topping to get it to crisp. Saved it by dumping it into a batch of vanilla fluff ice cream. Yum.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    The Apple crisp didn't work out. The flavor was good, but where brown sugar would get all melty and caramelize with the apples, the PP just was dry and powdery (go figure).. Then there wasn't enough butter in the oatmeal topping to get it to crisp. Saved it by dumping it into a batch of vanilla fluff ice cream. Yum.

If you try it again, try messing with the ratios. Also, mix the protein powder with apple sauce so it has moisture. This should help coat the oatmeal too. Then use less oatmeal, and a little more butter. You can sub light butter if needed.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    so last week I made protein fluff but it didn't taste good even tho I put some fruit in it. I use plain flavor protein powder, so today I made some by accident. Got some banana/caramel flavored protein powder, put my usual cup of frozen mixed fruit in, added cup of almond milk & last minute put in some xantham gum & turned on my nutri bullit waiting for my smoothie. It tripped in size & had to eat it with a spoon. It was good. I have to look into making the ice cream