Weight loss and Breastfeeding

Hello!
Any ladies on here had success with weightloss while breastfeeding? My girl is 7 months and it's time for me to lose this weight!! I'm only 5kg heavier but I don't want to compromise my milk supply.
Any tips??

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    I EPed for 10 months and loss weight. I cut out meat...some fish at times.....as well.
  • JenObRN
    JenObRN Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2017
    I just continued to workout normally while breastfeeding. Cardio and weight training. Lost all my pregnancy weight, then some.
  • Sayanboo
    Sayanboo Posts: 2 Member
    Still breastfeeding my 16 month old. Lost 10kgs in 2 months. As long as you keep drinking plenty of water and eat fruit and veges your milk supply will be good :)
  • beckyfordham90
    beckyfordham90 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm still breastfeeding my 14 month old amd has lost 30lbs since she was 6 months old. I just made sure I was consuming extra calcium.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I eat close to maintenance and let breastfeeding create my deficit.

If i drop my cals too far from maintenance my supply dips. ( i express in addition to feeding my 19 month old, he was 15 weeks early so i use my milk to make porridge and in his food )

I exercise by hiking with my boy on my back or in bad weather situations the dreadmill makes an appearance :neutral:
    I also jog round the room while he naps, its like 24 steps round lol
  • DreaB410
    DreaB410 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm breastfeeding my 6month old. I started a diet when she was 3 months. I eat about 1200-1800 calories a day, work out 3-4 days a week and have lost almost 30lbs. I have noticed when I don't eat enough carbs my supply seems lower. So I don't cut any carbs out. Mainly just smaller portions of food, healthy fresh foods, watch my sodium intake and drink massive amounts of water. Like 50-100 oz a day. Good luck!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    I lost all my pregnancy weight by 10 weeks post-partum. Breastfeeding created my deficit. I'm now 6 months post-partum and I'm hovering around 2/3kg below my pre-pregnancy weight purely because I'm eating wayyyyy too much. I just want to lose another 3 or 4kg to get to 58kg so I'm starting to log my calories again. Breastfeeding and baby wearing will once again create my deficit and I'll try to watch my portion sizes.