Options
2»

Replies

• lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    lulehlu wrote: »
    I found I was starving using those cups.

probably cause it's around 1200 calories give or take.

Or less! I calculated a day's worth of cups and didn't hit 1100. No thanks.
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have the 21 day fix cups and I was wondering if i use that to measure everything now is it the same as weighing your food I don't have a scale but I do have the cups for that

For the 21 day fix program they use the cups as a "measured equivalent"
    Weight of food is going to vary from density of foods.
    The 21 day fix program cups are "1 cup" and other increments and work as a sufficient substitute for measuring which can be time consuming, frustrating and oftentimes unnecessary.

The sizes are the following:
    GREEN = 1 CUP For Vegetables.
    PURPLE = 1 CUP For Fruits.
    RED = 3/4 CUP For Proteins.
    YELLOW = 1/2 CUP For Carbohydrates.
    BLUE = 1/3 CUP For Healthy Fats and Cheeses.
    ORANGE = 2 T Seeds and dressings.

I have had success in the past prepping using the 21 day fix containers.
    Plop your food in - if it fits (lids on) you eat it! nom nom.
    Enjoy.

Don't need to over-complicate things with a scale.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have the 21 day fix cups and I was wondering if i use that to measure everything now is it the same as weighing your food I don't have a scale but I do have the cups for that

The 21 day fix program cups are "1 cup" and other increments and work as a sufficient substitute for measuring which can be time consuming, frustrating and oftentimes unnecessary.

Enjoy.

I find using a scale to be simple and freeing, definitely not over-complicated for me at all.

That being said, it's not a necessity. Some people can reduce portions and lose just fine. I prefer being more accurate with my macros (just to make sure I get enough protein and fat) and to be able to eat as much as possible while still losing. Getting close to maintenance phase (maybe, I keep lowering my target weight) and I plan on continuing to use my scale - forever. I don't consider it a hindrance in any way.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Enjoy.

it's easier with a scale and less complicated actually.

Less dishes to wash.
    Less questions of "what color is this"

The 21 day fix works yes...because it reduces calories...but to what level? VLCD levels? possibly....

and after you are in maintenance I am sure they have something for that as well...but why pay the funds for it really?

MFP is free...a scale is about 20$...batteries 5$ every 6 months...seems like a better way to me.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I keep reading everywhere about how there is no possible way or not scientifically possible, not lose weight by not eating enough. But I have also read so many people's accounts and even I have noticed a time or three when nit eating enough stalled my weight loss,( cue the woos) and then eating a bit more showed a result. I am just saying, sometimes things just are. Idk. Wheres the delete button lol.
    Discernible gains and losses don't happen overnight, and low calorie goals encourage people to cheat, and low calorie intakes urge people to overeat. There is no magic.

I believe there is also some evidence that people who aren't eating enough may not move around as much as they would otherwise. CI/CO is simple in general, but complicated in the nitty gritty. Thankfully, the general concept is really all that most people need. Anyone getting too bogged down in the nitty gritty is probably looking for a magic fix or an excuse.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Enjoy.

how on earth is a scale more complicated than the color coded container system you outlined above??
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Enjoy.

it's easier with a scale and less complicated actually.

Less dishes to wash.
    Less questions of "what color is this"

The 21 day fix works yes...because it reduces calories...but to what level? VLCD levels? possibly....

and after you are in maintenance I am sure they have something for that as well...but why pay the funds for it really?

MFP is free...a scale is about 20$...batteries 5$ every 6 months...seems like a better way to me.

This is your opinion -- and that's fine. But I don't know that I feel your opinion is any more valid than anyone elses. You may find the scale less complicated, but I know others that find the container system less complicated.

I had a friend that said the containers took the guilt out of eating for her. When she was measuring and counting calories, she was always aiming for the lowest calories. However, with the containers she stopped 'overthinking it' and just knew what she needed to eat.

As with everything, I think it's what works best for you.

talking guilt away does not mean it is less complicated.

To remember what goes in what container for a lot is complicated and that is the fact not an opinion...and there are more dishes to wash...fact not opinion.

And no where did I say that the scale was the only way..as a matter of fact I said 21 day fix works...because it reduces calories...and some people need to be told exactly what to eat...

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I will just let everyone pick for themselves how they define 'complicated.' As I said in my original post, there are loads of people that have had success with containers. If that works for the OP, then I wish you all the best of luck! If you go a different route, good luck with that too!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I will just let everyone pick for themselves how they define 'complicated.' As I said in my original post, there are loads of people that have had success with containers. If that works for the OP, then I wish you all the best of luck! If you go a different route, good luck with that too!

Actually the OP isn't doing the 21 day fix anymore and asked if the containers were the same as weighing...

that is a resounding no...they are not the same.

And with my original post I said it works too...