Diet friendly way to satisfy chocolate craving?

jdlobb
jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
What are some good products that satisfy a chocolate craving? Obviously low-cal. Could be low-carb or low-fat.

I've grown quite fond of the Atkins chocolate candies, the imitation M&Ms. Looking for other ideas.

Bonus points for high-protein

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I just get the mini size of candybars..then I can still have a snicker, and it's just one bite...
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    45cal fudge bars for me.
  • jdlobb
    chocolate flavored protein powder?

drinking chocolate just isn't quite the same unfortunately.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »

Mix it with plain greek yogurt for "pudding." Quest chocolate milkshake flavor is pretty good like this.
  • jdlobb

Mix it with plain greek yogurt for "pudding." Quest chocolate milkshake flavor is pretty good like this.

this i will need to try. Sounds promising.
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    I have some granola with dark chocolate bits in it :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited September 2017

this i will need to try. Sounds promising.

My breakfast pretty much every morning is plain greek yogurt mixed with some flavor of protein powder and frozen berries. The chocolate milkshake with strawberries is yummy.

e2i8xtotemfk.jpg
    The values are calories, protein, fat, carb, in that order.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    As far as "diet" foods go I like the Fiber One brownies.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited September 2017
    For me, the best way to satisfy a craving for chocolate is to eat chocolate. If I try to substitute with something else, I end up eating the chocolate eventually anyway!

Do you like dark chocolate? I have found that just a small piece satisfies my chocolate craving...much more than milk chocolate, which I am more likely to overeat.

This works for me... 85% and above is perfect, I can have just one or two squares and be happy. If I have anything sweeter, I'll keep going back to the bar for a couple more squares until it's gone. Milk chocolate, although I love it, is VERY hard for me to moderate.

I also second the fat-free Fudgsicle suggestion - 45 calories and makes a nice chocolatey treat, although not as rich as a piece of good dark chocolate. :)

ETA: Yes, the Fiber One brownies are nice too! Quite rich and satisfying.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    I am also fond of the Atkins Endulge chocolates. Lily's chocolate is sweetened with stevia. Another favorite for me is avocado chocolate pudding---avocado, 1T greek yogurt, vanilla, cocoa powder, and stevia. A little sea salt makes it taste SO good. One of these days I'll get around to trying choco perfection, which is sweetened with stevia/monkfruit. I am also a proponent of IIFYM.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,915 Member
    Pure Protein chocolate deluxe bars for 180 calories, 21 grams protein. Kirkland Protein bars (chocolate brownie & chocolate chip cookie dough). 21 grams protein & 190 calories. Because they have so much fiber (15 grams), I cut them in half and only have half at a time for 95 calories.

20 calorie Nestle sugar free fat free cocoa mix mixed into plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt.