This or That

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I would enjoy the french fries more so that would be my choice.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Are you asking this question in the context of one meal (which I hope you've eaten already or this thread will take a sudden turn), or in the context of a frequent diet staple? Are you eating any protein? Is this a real question?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Bleh
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Hate French fries, but not sure that rice sounds much better. I would go with the cake sandwich.
  • mph323
    edited September 2017
    mph323 wrote: »
    Are you asking this question in the context of one meal (which I hope you've eaten already or this thread will take a sudden turn), or in the context of a frequent diet staple? Are you eating any protein? Is this a real question?

Yes real question sometimesyoudont have the best choice to eat in life so you must make decision so I needed to ask someone besides family. No protein, I just want to see if it's better to eat a lot of fries and possible risk inflammation and diabetes, plus i crease risk of chemicals or eat more rice and increase risk of diabetes even more but without fried grease covering it .

You know you don't get diabetes from eating starches, unless you're eating so much they're causing you to gain weight. I still don't know if you are talking about a single meal or a daily staple.

eta clarity
  • mph323

Yes real question sometimesyoudont have the best choice to eat in life so you must make decision so I needed to ask someone besides family. No protein, I just want to see if it's better to eat a lot of fries and possible risk inflammation and diabetes, plus i crease risk of chemicals or eat more rice and increase risk of diabetes even more but without fried grease covering it .

You know you don't get diabetes from eating starches, unless you're eating so much they're causing you to gain weight. I still don't know if you are talking about a single meal or a daily staple.

eta clarity

Um a meal

If it's just now and then, eat whichever you like more and enjoy :)
  • mph323

eta
    What about the diabetic index

You mean the glycemic index? That isn't something you need to worry about if you're not insulin resistant.
  • mph323

eta clarity

Um a meal

If it's just now and then, eat whichever you like more and enjoy :)

But what would you eat mph?

I'd eat the rice because I like it better :)
  • mph323

eta

You mean the glycemic index? That isn't something you need to worry about if you're not insulin resistant.

But insulin resistance can occur.

Sure, but it's not caused by eating starches. It's generally triggered by genetics or being overweight.
  • mph323

eta

But insulin resistance can occur.

Sure, but it's not caused by eating starches. It's generally triggered by genetics or being overweight.

Your kidding me where did you get that from? If I may ask what is

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/symptoms-causes

"Overweight, obesity, and physical inactivity

You are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes if you are not physically active and are overweight or obese. Extra weight sometimes causes insulin resistance and is common in people with type 2 diabetes. The location of body fat also makes a difference. Extra belly fat is linked to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and heart and blood vessel disease. To see if your weight puts you at risk for type 2 diabetes, check out these Body Mass Index (BMI) charts."
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Okay, still not sure if serious, but for one meal on occasion, it does not matter.

However, if we are talking about something regular, where the entire meal is fries or rice (as you said when I asked before), my answer is that you don't actually live in a world where those are the only two choices and neither is a good balanced choice for a meal. (I am assuming that the other meals are not protein and veg based and this is just a weirdly structured day.)

What would I eat? Neither. I would make sure my day allowed for meals with more protein and vegetables.

Beyond that, I don't really like rice that much (heresy, I know), and fried potatoes are, IMO, only rarely worth the calories, so I'd have roasted potatoes as a side dish with some vegetables and some kind of higher protein food.

One exception is that I do like beans and rice, so I might have rice with beans and vegetables as an option sometimes.

Hope that helps!