Logging victory

I'm so impressed with myself. A relatively new pizza chain (that works on the Chipotle assembly-line model) finally posted online nutrition data. I had been using a guesstimated value of 507 calories for the crust/dough (using an entry for Trader Joe pizza dough, and a little geometry to adjust for the size of the chain's odd oblong pizza). The online data says 470 calories. I thing that was a pretty close estimate! Less than 8% off.

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    the math works when you trust it
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Similar close results for my eyeballing of salami and fresh mozzarella (the most calorie-dense toppings I usually select). I had been logging them with USDA values and the store brand I usually buy, respectively, and was off by single digits on the salami calories and less than 20 calories on the mozz, so my "eyeballing" of mass isn't too bad. It's nice to feel like all the weighing and logging has improved my ability to estimate when I don't have a scale with me (and even if I did, I'm not going to pull the toppings off and weigh them).
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    I love it when they post nutrition online. Makes things a lot easier to plan.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    A local pizza chain that sells rectangular pizza has boxes printed with the warning, "Never trust a round pizza".
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    A local pizza chain that sells rectangular pizza has boxes printed with the warning, "Never trust a round pizza".

:D But it's a pizza pie (pi?).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!