Sober September 2017

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    snowyne wrote: »
    10 days dry. The first week was tough -- terrible, awful cravings!! So tempted. But it's getting easier with each day. The scale hasn't really budged yet, but I'm hopeful that will change in time. Good job to all who working on reducing or abstaining. Thanks for sharing your struggles, successes, etc.!

I have been abstaining since July 24 and it took a few weeks for scale to change, but it did. I finally was able to break my plateau from mid-May. Be patient!
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    I'm in. Looking to reduce my intake. I don't want to give it up completely but I want to limit it.
  • ILove2Crochet
    ILove2Crochet Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. I would love to join this. I used to be able to have a couple of drinks on the weekend and none during the week. But in the last 4 yrs since my layoff after 17 yrs on the job, caring for my parents, and both of their passings, I have found myself to be drinking more. I'd like to go back to the couple on the weekends again as well as getting back into a regular exercise routine.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Did it
  • Famof72015
    Just posted this whole long thing and it did not submit. I went shopping instead of drinking for the football game!! I had a friend text me and asked me if I was drinking and I told her no not until I have somewhere to go which is on the 23rd she just texted back oh OK she doesn't care about her health or her weight well she does but not enough to do anything about it sorry but you're not bringing me down!
  • DarkWaffleLord
    DarkWaffleLord Posts: 17 Member
    I don't drink much anyways. I'm in.
  • Famof72015
    Just wanted to say, way to go for taking the first step to a healthier YOU! We have one life let's make it a good one. And one body let's do the things we thought we could never do, do the things we think we can't do and push ourselves to see HOW FAR WE CAN GO and to become a better YOU!!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Just posted this whole long thing and it did not submit. I went shopping instead of drinking for the football game!! I had a friend text me and asked me if I was drinking and I told her no not until I have somewhere to go which is on the 23rd she just texted back oh OK she doesn't care about her health or her weight well she does but not enough to do anything about it sorry but you're not bringing me down!

Good for you! It's interesting how people react sometimes. I had a friend treat me like I had the plague when I went alcohol free for August. When she heard I wasn't drinking in September, she got weird too. I've come to realize, it says more about her than me. She has replaced me with another drinking buddy and I am okay with that :) While the jury is out on whether I am going to give up wine forever or just for the rest of this month, I do have health and wellness goals and wine always derails those.

EXACTLY!! All of it. Well put friend!