Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Thank you ladies :) So for tonights dinner I decided to take a break and just have Jimmy Johns again...tasty and EASY haha...The second picture is a pic from my sisters window in Lauderdale by the sea this morning. Her condo is directly facing the beach, floor to ceiling windows and only three floors up. She is staying home, here during the hurricane. I told her she was nuts but there have been so many false alarms through the years that she just doesn't want the hassle of evacuating. Hope everyone is truckin' along their journey and enjoying the ride :)
    9m9ekjrlmx27.jpg
    qp79jn4jbllm.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow, I sure hope she stays safe... Not sure I'd be that brave.
  • katjustkat
    Hi Sarah, looks like she'll get lucky as that lil strip by Ft.Lauderdale looks to be kind of in the clear right now. I asked her if anyone else in her building was staying and she said yes...her doctor! Ha so I guess she feels good about that.
    Last night's dinner: I made rueben sandwiches again and a salad. Usually hubby and I had a salad and a piece of protein but since our son is living back at home for a while ...I have been making more meals to please him. It's not as ideal calorie wise...I may not be checking in next week as I'll be away but I'll be back the following week for sure. Hope everyone is feeling strong and confident. 5uv7pvns6wst.jpg
  • katjustkat
    So, after I commented this morning I got a massive headache with nausea. Took care of the nausea and sweats and was able to fall back asleep till 3pm. Woke up with no headache at all. Good thing because it was my birthday. Also made waiting for my meal super easy! Did not feel up to going out so Iwfsjdwnlkrzo.jpg
    n7qkqrq9x62x.jpg
    made chili and hubby went to pick up my favorite lemon pie from Jim n' Nicks. I'm so happy to be pain free ps..yes there's chili under that cheese! :p:#:s
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited September 2017
    Happy Birthday, I'm glad you're feeling better :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    September is a great month for birthdays. Best month in my opinion as both my and my husband's birthday are in September. Happy Birthday!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Happy birthday!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Happy Birthday! Great pie choice. Lemon is my fav too.
  • katjustkat
    Thank you ladies for the birthday wishes...I try to keep em' hush hush lately :# And yes tracey I kind of like being a Virgo o:)
    Tonight we met my daughter and her fiancee at Pizzeria Locale ( the test restaurant for Chipotle) and I got filled up. Had 3/4 of my individual pizza and about 1/4 of the nutella pizza. I gotta get better about my choices....the honeymoon is about over and I feel like I'm getting over the indulgences.
    hu4mg4ub6vwi.jpg
    dy5o62jw73m3.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Today I 'mercy' sat for cute lil 14 month old for 2 young teachers that were in a bind. Made my day go by quickly and I always do so much better on OMAD when I'm busy. We made hamburgers on the grill for dinner. I also had 1/2 baked potato and a small piece of left over lemon pie. Hope everyone is truckin' along :*mrdrt54ewvr8.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Today I 'mercy' sat for cute lil 14 month old for 2 young teachers that were in a bind. Made my day go by quickly and I always do so much better on OMAD when I'm busy. We made hamburgers on the grill for dinner. I also had 1/2 baked potato and a small piece of left over lemon pie. Hope everyone is truckin' along :*mrdrt54ewvr8.jpg

Nom Nom Nom that bun looks delish... What is it?
  • katjustkat
    Ha...It's a ciabatta roll from Sprouts market. I usually get the plain but this time they only had a parmesan topped one. I slice them in half and brush on a lil olive oil on the inners and then put them on the grill a minute or two. Their ciabatta rolls are really big and chewy...you can make a nice big burger with them. They're not hard to bite through like other brand ciabatta rolls. A burger just isn't the same for us without em' anymore...

• mistymeadows2005
    Ha...It's a ciabatta roll from Sprouts market. I usually get the plain but this time they only had a parmesan topped one. I slice them in half and brush on a lil olive oil on the inners and then put them on the grill a minute or two. Their ciabatta rolls are really big and chewy...you can make a nice big burger with them. They're not hard to bite through like other brand ciabatta rolls. A burger just isn't the same for us without em' anymore...

OH MAN! I love me some ciabatta! Chewy or otherwise! LOL - I'll have to invest in a few.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Happy belated birthday!
    I LOVE lemon pie, and that chocolate raspberry dessert upthread looks AMAZING!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Britt...survived another one :)
    Tonight I had spaghetti and meatballs and red cabbage salad with balsamic glaze again. Had a piece of fresh pineapple for dessert. Hope everyones day went as planned.ijzvzntj8rq2.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Tonight I made hubby salmon and my son left over meatballs parmesan. I didn't feel like either so I just had a salad with goat cheese and roasted potatoes. Had a piece of fresh pineapple for dessert. Hope everyone had a great day.e9xx9sm41kna.jpg
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Omg yum! When I was vegetarian, I made this amazing salad with cranberry cinnamon goat cheese I got from the local co-op, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, and champagne vinaigrette. SO GOOD!
  • katjustkat
    Wow Britt that sounds delish. Yeah I love me some goat cheese on my salads :p
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Omg yum! When I was vegetarian, I made this amazing salad with cranberry cinnamon goat cheese I got from the local co-op, roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions, and champagne vinaigrette. SO GOOD!

• katjustkat
    So tonight I had a small beef tenderloin fillet, I copied Boston Markets creamed spinach and had some left over roasted potatoes, and I made some coleslaw. All pretty good...another dinner down. hope everyone had a stressless day :)vsu89kkcmv6s.jpg
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Looks like a yummy meal!