Poll! Krispy Kreme or Dunkin?!

Replies

• When I first moved out on my own, DD actually cared about donuts. That first weekend I was starving at 3 in the morning. I left my place, drove to Dunkin' Donuts and grabbed myself a dozen donuts so fresh some of them were still warm when I got home. I've been in love ever since despite the fact they no longer make my favorite donut much less half of what they used to. It's a comfort thing for me.
  • CTRLplusZ
    CTRLplusZ Posts: 23 Member
    My life was forever changed recently by a visit to Duck Donuts... Forever.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/iKA7rv7IdG
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    I can skip the DD and the KK...but I can NOT pass up a Spudnut!
    6wfb29ndlbe7.jpg
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Dunkin...because all Krispy Kremes taste exactly the same to me. Not that they're bad, or that Dunkin is particularly good.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Krispy Kreme for "regular" donuts, Dunkin for "cake" donuts. KK makes a mean cruller, but it doesn't match Dunkin's.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Krispy Kreme to bad we dont have any here and we have dunkin on every corner!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Any chance that chain ANYTHING (including doughnuts) suck and local places are usually better? Country Donuts in Boise beats the piss out of any donut I ever tried anywhere ever. Including Voodoo Dougnuts in P-Town, which are good, but are overhyped. Never tried TH, but I'm willing to bet they're a chain like many other chains. The best burger you've eaten was, hopefully, not at a Mcdonald's, Burger King, Carl's, Jr., etc.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Any chance that chain ANYTHING (including doughnuts) suck and local places are usually better? Country Donuts in Boise beats the piss out of any donut I ever tried anywhere ever. Including Voodoo Dougnuts in P-Town, which are good, but are overhyped. Never tried TH, but I'm willing to bet they're a chain like many other chains. The best burger you've eaten was, hopefully, not at a Mcdonald's, Burger King, Carl's, Jr., etc.

this is a gross oversimplification usually driven more by tribalism and contrarianism than reality.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »

this is a gross oversimplification usually driven more by tribalism and contrarianism than reality.

Articulate response. Not true in this case. I mean, opinions are opinions, so of course your opinion can't be wrong... but it is. And I am not tribalist. I make fun of the beer in Idaho CONSTANTLY, even though I'm a local. No, sir, I search for truth. California and Oregon beer is far, far superior to anything in Idaho (including their absolute best). Chain donuts are a sad, sad excuse for a donut, and I don't need anything fancy like thyme or lavender on mine. Just a real donut. You know, the kind that make the paper bag see through?
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    I had Dunkin donuts over the weekend. It wasn't as satisfying and fulfilling as Krispy Kreme is in my opinion. Plus fresh donuts off the belt? Uh hell yes.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Give me some quality dairy long Johns ;)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I would rather down a bottle of expensive wine.or fine whiskey.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    I have two hands so the obvious answer is BOTH.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    for actual donuts, Lamars. Old fashioned sour cream with chocolate drizzle to be exact. But I had a pumpkin macchiato at dunkin a few days ago and I am in love.
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    I have never been to either of those places...I feel so left out. :'(

We do have a place here called Holy Donuts and they have all kinds of fancy donuts. Oreo donuts, birthday cake donuts, pumpkin spice donuts, bacon donuts, red velvet donuts...the place is dangerous.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I'm a krispy kreme person by far! Dunkin is so dense and overrated to me!

Nothing beats a fresh hot Krispy Kreme donut :yum:

I vote for Krispy Kreme but I put them in the fridge first. I like the texture of the cold icing.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Glazed doughnuts taste like nothing. Sourdough doughnuts at either place are an ok alternative. The best cake doughnuts in my area are made fresh at Casey's gas stations. Love the blueberry with light glaze.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Depends on whether I'm in the mood for a donut or just pure sugar demi-doughnuts. Both are perfect for certain moods
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    No preference. I eat maybe one donut a year and I don't drink coffee :-). I have had a few of Dunkins breakfast food offerings and they are ok but not any better than I can easily make at home. We don't have a Krispy Kreme around here but I have been when traveling for work.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I used to prefer Krispy Kreme but now it's too sweet for me, so DD. Not a big doughnut person though.