Junk food relapse...

RedheadedPrincess14
RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So due to some personal issue that have been going on with my health and long term relationship, I've recently moved spaces and it's now less convenient and less appealing to cook whole food meals. Weirdly I have not gained weight. I've actually still been losing, albeit slower. I'm pretty much at goal weight at 5 foot 8 and 130 pounds. Over 20 pounds down. I just don't want to lose everything I've worked for ..I don't want to fall back in to bad patterns. Any tips on managing food intake and stressful situations as well as simple meal ideas would be gratetly appreciated, thank you all so much

Replies

• You don't have to cook fruit and most veggies.

Add in liquid silken tofu etc to stir fry packs or veggie packs that microwave in minutes. Handful of cashew nuts thrown in.

Give your self a break, lighten up on yourself a bit whilst you deal with your situation.

Thank you very much. Thats helpful. I appreciate the tips and support xoxo
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    is this particular situation going to be on going or just temporary?. I had some relationship issues and my meal prep space was less than ideal and I decided to go raw vegan at the time. mainly so i didnt gain a million lbs. it;s hard.. I stuck to fruits I only loved otherwise they'd go to waste. lots of watermelon. grapes. mandarins. things of that nature. and lots of hummus served with crunchy veggies..

hope things get better!!!
  • is this particular situation going to be on going or just temporary?. I had some relationship issues and my meal prep space was less than ideal and I decided to go raw vegan at the time. mainly so i didnt gain a million lbs. it;s hard.. I stuck to fruits I only loved otherwise they'd go to waste. lots of watermelon. grapes. mandarins. things of that nature. and lots of hummus served with crunchy veggies..

Thank you for commenting!!! That's a great strategy cause everything is grab and go. I think I may try that actually.
  • BeachFreak2016
    BeachFreak2016 Posts: 4 Member
    I always turn to junk food when I'm stressed. Also been having a tough time lately and have gained around 10lb. So now as well as the stress I have the added discomfort of my clothes being too tight and not liking how I look. So don't follow my example!!

Focus on your goals and why you want to be slim. Tell yourself that you won't let this bad situation undo all your hard work.

People keep telling me to go easy on myself as it's only weight and it'll come off again once I'm in a better head space but I wish I'd been stricter woth myself when this happened.

Oh and all those fruit and veggie suggestions from the other posters sound great!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    In your present space, do you have access to refrigeration, cooking, and generally useful kitchen gadgets?
  • In your present space, do you have access to refrigeration, cooking, and generally useful kitchen gadgets?

I do but it's a very very shaded space and only acceptable to utilize at certain times a day. I need to get some knives and pots though!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    is this particular situation going to be on going or just temporary?. I had some relationship issues and my meal prep space was less than ideal and I decided to go raw vegan at the time. mainly so i didnt gain a million lbs. it;s hard.. I stuck to fruits I only loved otherwise they'd go to waste. lots of watermelon. grapes. mandarins. things of that nature. and lots of hummus served with crunchy veggies..

I eat similar to this, just not vegan - there are lots of "grab and go" meats and cheese you can include if you don't want to go the full vegan route. I try and keep at least two types of fruit, veggies, crackers, meats, cheese, nuts, and dried fruit on hand at all times, plus olives and single-serve chocolates. Check out the deli section of your grocery store - los of times there's pre-cut stuff you can get, or else I cut up anything I can as soon as I get it, so there's almost no prep time later.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Rotisserie chicken, frozen veggies, ham steaks. I've been too lazy to cook lately and completely relate.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2017
    Oatmeal+cinnamon+raisins
    Raw veggies with dressing or hummus
    Salad
    Fruit
    Cottage cheese, yogurt
    Sandwiches and soup
    Mixed nuts
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Have you tried to pre-log your food to stay on track? A lot of people find it helpful.
  • mumpuff
    mumpuff Posts: 5 Member
    I use meal replacement shakes for lunches because either i dont eat or i end up having something that's huge in calories from a take out. I find popcorn a fab snack for when i just need something sweet or to munch on. The ideas above are all awesome too (I will be using some so thanks).
    Hope things get better
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    When I am stressed out or over tired I am prone to falling back into back habits of eating junk. My strategy includes some or all of the following:

1. Meditation of counting 100 breaths.
    2. Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred Level 1
    3. Running
    4. Going for a walk in nature.

Hope this helps.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    When I'm lazy I grab protein shake and a muesli bar and some fruit. Sandwiches are easy too just make them yummy or else you will ditch them for comfort food.
    Any way to remove the thing that is creating the negative energy in your life?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    If you've got a microwave, steam bags of microwave frozen veggies are great. You can also find microwave rice bowls with brown or sprouted rice. Add Rotisserie chicken and you've got a meal.

• VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    So due to some personal issue that have been going on with my health and long term relationship, I've recently moved spaces and it's now less convenient and less appealing to cook whole food meals. Weirdly I have not gained weight. I've actually still been losing, albeit slower. I'm pretty much at goal weight at 5 foot 8 and 130 pounds. Over 20 pounds down. I just don't want to lose everything I've worked for ..I don't want to fall back in to bad patterns. Any tips on managing food intake and stressful situations as well as simple meal ideas would be gratetly appreciated, thank you all so much

I've been through the wars and my world has been turned upside down. Like you cooking whole foods has been a struggle. When I looked back at it all, I realised I've been under extreme pressure for 12 months. Also like you my weight has stayed pretty much the same. Having taken time to review what's going on I can see 1) Although home cooked meals are at a minimum, they've tended to be high in protein and not just any old garbage. 2) Exercise has remained a consistent, at one point I was visiting the gym twice a day.

My point is whatever's going in your life will pass but for now you need to focus on you as a priority. That may mean how you eat, even though you can't prepare meals as you could before. Or it may mean keeping your exercise on point. Or it may mean taking time out for you and you alone. Or it may mean all the above or your very own combo.

I too was not going to throw away a weight loss I'd worked so frigging hard for, to circumstance. *&%$ that was my response. Good luck with you and yours, I'm sure you'll make it in the end.
  • Thank you all so much for all the suggestions. I'm realizing that I just have to get more creative and maybe not be as pedantic about nutrients but just make sure it's good, whole food. For example, I used to make a lot of bean and lentil soups for protein but I'm realizing I can also just have some tofu for the time being and I guess just make the best choices I can. I really appreciate the support. It's times like this that I'm so grateful for this site