I am another newbie!!

Hi all
I am just starting with this today - although I have recently lost 50 pounds, I still have 20 to go and need some motivation and companionship to get through it. I am a 43 year old single mom with two daugthers, one at home and one out on her own. My whole life has been about my husband and kids and now that the husband is gone and one kid out, it is time for me!

I don't want to be too fixated on the numbers on the scale, but in how I look and feel - I want to wave without my arm waving in double time!!

Replies

• y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    Hi all
    I am just starting with this today - although I have recently lost 50 pounds, I still have 20 to go and need some motivation and companionship to get through it. I am a 43 year old single mom with two daugthers, one at home and one out on her own. My whole life has been about my husband and kids and now that the husband is gone and one kid out, it is time for me!

I don't want to be too fixated on the numbers on the scale, but in how I look and feel - I want to wave without my arm waving in double time!!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Hey newbie!!
    How did you lose the first 50 that is excellent. I love your attitude. It sounds like your losing weight for all the right reasons. Health, family and yourself. You go girl!!! Twenty left no problem you can do it!!
  • y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    I lost the first 50 by cutting out salt, sugar and keeping to a walking/running program of 45 minutes everyday. However I did get crazy for a bit and was not eating much at all and working out for 1 1/2 hours a day, but as I found out, you can't do that forever! Now that I have gained back some weight reality has set in and I know I need to be sensible about it= back to how I started with sensible eating but still cutting out the salt and sugar and drinking the water, it is amazing how much faster the weight comes off when you cut out the salt - I found a product called No Salt at the Walmart here ( I am in Nanaimo - on Vancouver Island, BC) it gives you the salt taste without the salt.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Thats funny my wife was just telling me yesterday that she wants to lower our salt intake. Thats not easy it's like finding foods with no gluten in it. Thanks for the substitute idea sound great.

I stopped the ridiculous workout schedule long ago 20 to 30 a day is max with kids. Thats if I'm lucky. keep us all posted on your progress. I lost another 3lbs 60 more to go PIECE OF CAKE small piece of coarse.