Maintainers weekly Check-in September 2017

Replies

• girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Found out that my the woman who needs a liver is a match with her husband! And surgery will be September 25! So that was a big big big joy!

Excellent news Ingrid!! That's great! :smiley:
  • girlgroves
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 140lbs (lowered from 142lbs in June)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for April: 140.8lbs
    Average weight recorded for May: 141.7lbs
    Average weight recorded for June: 139.7lbs
    Average weight recorded for July: 139.8lbs
    Average weight recorded for August: 144.4lbs

Week of (I weigh for the record on Fridays)...:
    25th August (for ref): 146.6lbs
    1st Sept: 145.8lbs
    8th Sept: 146.0lbs
    15th Sept:
    22nd Sept:
    29th Sept:

Successes/struggles of the week: I'm happy with the scale number this week - even though it hasn't gone down since last Friday - because it doesn't tell the whole story! After the excesses of last weekend, I weighed in at 148.6lbs on Monday - the highest I've ever been since getting to my goal weight, so, as you can imagine, I wasn't very happy!! I feel I lot better having at least got back to my post-holiday level. I'm liking being more instinctive about my eating and so I'm resisting going back to logging my CICO again at the moment, but in my head I've given myself 5 weeks to get back to being under 140lbs (I start my new job on the 16th October) before thinking I may have to start logging again in order to be more accountable - so we'll see how that goes!?

I'm completely back to my usual level of exercise this week, which has been tougher than I thought it would be, but it felt really good to get back to doing everything - who would have thought I would have missed the gym so much?!?!?
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Name: Nichell
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost: ~50lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5.5 months
    How long in maintenance: about 15 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155lbs

Average weight recorded from February: 182.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.5
    Average weight recorded from April: 164.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from July: 150.35
    Average weight recorded from August: 150.1

Week of...
    4th of September: 148.6, trend 150.1

Successes- very happy with my plan to switch my weigh ins to Friday still. Getting more and more relaxed by the week and still maintaining!

Struggles- hoping I'm not letting loose too much. Still trying to find the balance.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    @girlgroves my weight has shot up 6 lbs twice this summer from water weight but came back down within 1-2 weeks. It's disturbing to see but you'll likely be just fine.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    I am bookmarking this page for inspiration. You all rock!! B)
  • girlgroves
    lorrpb wrote: »
    @girlgroves my weight has shot up 6 lbs twice this summer from water weight but came back down within 1-2 weeks. It's disturbing to see but you'll likely be just fine.

Thanks @lorrpb - I know you're probably right..... It feels like it could be more than just water weight - it's been 3 weeks already! .......but I'm determined not to panic! :)
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Name: Pam
    Height: 5'5"
    Total Weight lost: 175 pounds
    SW 330
    GW 155
    Time it took to lose: Started Jan 1 2016
    How long in maintenance: One Week
    Maintenance weight range: 155-160

Week of:
    September 3 155.8
    September 10 155.6
    September 18
    September 24

Success/struggles of the week:

Success: I am so happy to be here! My original goal weight was 165 I surpassed that and now going to try to maintain for awhile and think about if I want to loose 10 more pounds. I am very near the top of my BMI. Sunday's are me weigh in days. While technically I am not at my goal weight I'm figuring as I plan around with calories I will be very soon.

Struggles: I am very anxious about how well I'll be able to maintain. I really am having a hard time with eating at my calorie maintenance number for fear of gaining weight back. This upcoming week is going to be hard as it's hubby's birthday week and we are going away Fri/Sun so gonna be extra good this week so I can save for the weekend.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited September 2017
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:145lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story (PhotoBucket broke my pics. Still working on fixing this.)
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 122 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight trend: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight trend: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight trend: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight trend: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight trend: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight trend: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight trend: 122.3lbs
    August avg weight trend: 118.9lbs

Trend week of...
    25th August: 117.9lbs
    1st September: 118.5lbs
    8th September: 119.3lbs

Successes of the week: Starting to feel comfier at school. New and anxiety-ridden is slowly becoming old, familiar, and comfortable. Will be glad when that transition is complete!

Challenges of the week: The birthday celebration became a birth week celebration. LOL That is lovely, but I am having trouble getting myself to care about my food intake being over every day. Like, I am winning lots of battles, but one loss causes me to lose the overall war.

Also, disconnecting my Fitbit from MFP this week to see if that helps overcome the compulsive urge to eat green cals, even when I know they are a lie.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Name: Brenda
    Height: 5'3"
    Total Weight lost: 94
    Time it took to lose: 37 Weeks
    How long in maintenance: 15 Weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 125-135

Average weight recorded from June: 129
    Average weight recorded from July: 130
    Average weight recorded from August: 129

September 2nd....127
    September 9th.....129
    September 16th...
    September 23rd...
    September 30th...

Success/struggles of the week:
    I had a gain of 2 pounds this week so instead of having 3 splurge days a week I'll only be having 2 and see how that goes for a while :)
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 79 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lbs.

January: 184.7 lbs.
    February: 182.7 lbs.
    March: 182.5 lbs.
    April: 183.1 lbs
    May: 182.4 lbs.
    June: 181.4 lbs.
    July: 182.7 lbs
    August: 183.9 lbs.

4th September: 183.0 lbs
    11th September: 182.8 lbs.
    18th September:
    25th September:

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Hello everyone!!!

I'm finally back home. However, I've forgotten that today was my weigh-in so I'll be doing it tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it at all. But I need to find out ASAP. Anything below 75kg will be okay with me. Anything above will mean that I went crazy overboard on eating.

I'll be checking in tomorrow and will update in short as possible the past month's highs and lows.

Xxx
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Name: Bring back the joy
    Height: 5'6"
    Total weight lost: 36 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    September Goal weight: 112-115

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Start of September-112
    September 11: 113.3
    Struggles: i am petty sure this weight is a sodium bomb so I am drinking lots of water and just keeping on keeping on. I had a procedure done on Wednesday and couldn't work out for two days.
    Successes: I did manage to do my long slow run on Sunday. Definitely slow but almost my longest run to date. 0.2 miles less than my longest ever. Pretty proud. I helped my parents sign up for mfp. I highly doubt they are capable of. Wing honest enough with themselves to see the program work. Sigh. Each persons journey is their own.
    Upcoming week plan: stick to the running training schedule and keep trucking. Add 2 hikes in/ week to get my legs used to climbing as I drove the race course and it is very hilly. I can only train on the flats so I have to do something to prepare for that.
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Name: Monique
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 200+ lbs
    Time it took to lose: First 100+ lbs in 3 years; maintained for a couple of years and lost second 100+ lbs in the past 2 years.
    How long in maintenance: Just got here!
    Maintenance weight range: 128-134

Average weight recorded from January: 154.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 153.1
    Average weight recorded from March: 149.1
    Average weight recorded from April: 145.3
    Average weight recorded from May: 142.5
    Average weight recorded from June: 137.9
    Average weight recorded from July: 134.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 134.0

Week of:
    September 4 133.9
    September 11 133.3
    September 18
    September 24

Success/Struggles:
    This is the last quiet week I have until everything starts moving again--and moving fast!--on the 18th. I'll have family members visiting several times in the next month. Then work will become more hectic when university classes begin on the 20th. I'm a librarian and will be working the reference desk which will be chaos, but wonderful, energetic chaos. This is a bittersweet time for me as I'm retiring at the end of October. Add to that a slew of routine medical tests and doctor appointments.

I'm preparing for all this! A visit to the spa for a facial and a mani/pedi and another appointment for the same in October. I'm thinking of adding a massage. Cleaned and organized my closet. Deep cleaned the house and added special touches to the guest room. Menu planning, grocery shopping, and as much meal prep as possible. Scheduling exercise, meditation, and lots of sleep time. What have I forgotten?
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    edited September 2017
    Name: IsabeausRose
    Height: 5'11.5"
    Total weight lost: 46.6 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 7 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 day
    Maintenance weight range: 172 to 176

January 221
    February 217
    March 206
    April 197
    May 191
    June 192
    July 190
    August 182

September 4th 175.4
    September 11th 174.4

Success/struggles of the week: I am at a healthy weight and I have made peace with my body so I claim goal today and join the maintenance club! My BMI is currently 24.3 and I am happy and healthy. My only struggle is finding a way to afford more groceries to actually maintain my weight. My best plan is to have money freed up in January so I might lose 10 pounds or so between now and then but I will still be at a healthy BMI.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~73 lbs (I dropped about 13 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 122.5

Week of...
    4th September: 121.2 scale/ 122.1 trend
    11th September: 119.6 scale/ 121.9 trend
    18th September:
    25th September:

Success/struggles of the week: My scale weight is a little below my range, but my trend weight is still in the range so I am not too worried. I didn't have much of an appetite this weekend and I guess it shows on my weigh in. I have a feeling that I will be up again soon. I will admit though that it did kind of make me feel good to see 119 on the scale. I haven't been that weight since I was 19 years old. It is probably a little too low for me now at 49. Although I never really know if it is true that older women should weigh more or if that is just one of those things that "they" say. Like that once you pass 40 you should wear your hair shorter. For the most part things are good. I feel good and have plenty of energy. My yoga and running are going well and I really love being active. Most of the time I feel like I eat a lot, and I certainly don't feel like I don't eat enough. I probably should have eaten more yesterday after my run, but I didn't feel hungry so I didn't force it. I think that the days I don't hit my calorie goal are balanced with the days I do go over it and that is really what maintenance is.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2017
    Height: 5'4"
    SW 177 lbs (probably higher but wasn't weighing)
    GW 140
    CW 137.8
    Total Weight lost: 42 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 4.5 months
    How long in maintenance: since November 2016
    Maintenance weight range: about 5 lbs (want to stay below 140)

Week of...
    3rd September: 135.2
    11th September: 137.8 (??)
    18th September:
    25th September:

Success: I'm continuing with exercise and using the elliptical more, building up my time. I don't have any upper body strength and like the workout I'm getting for my arms.

Struggles: I'm not sure why the weight gain, unless my scale is off, which is possible. I'm eating the same kind of food. I didn't eat an extra 7500 calories this week.

• kgirlhart
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~73 lbs (I dropped about 13 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 122.5

Week of...
    4th September: 121.2 scale/ 122.1 trend
    11th September: 119.6 scale/ 121.9 trend
    18th September:
    25th September:

Success/struggles of the week: My scale weight dropped below my range, but the trend weight is still in the range so I am not going to worry about it. I didn't eat as much this weekend as usual and I'm sure that it will be back up in a few days. It was a bit of an ego boost to see 119 on the scale. I haven't been that weight since I was 19. It may be a little low for me now at 49, but it was still kind of nice to see. I never really know if older women should weigh more or if that is just one of those things that "they" say. Like you shouldn't wear your hair long after 40. I feel good and I think I look good. My yoga and my running are both going great and I feel so much more energetic than I did a couple of years ago.
  • kgirlhart
    I tried twice to post my update. I got a message saying that it would be posted as soon as it was approved. I have no idea what that is all about. I guess if it doesn't show up then I will try again later. And if it shows up twice then my apologies.
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2017
    Name: MH
    Height: 5'2"
    Total Weight lost:18lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~4 months
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 110-115lbs

Average weight recorded from January-August: 113lbs

Week of...
    4th September: 114.6lbs
    11th September: 112.0lbs
    18th September:
    25th September:

Success/struggles of the week: glad I managed to get back down from the top of my goal range after my first week back home. I also managed to hit the ground running with my workout routine which is usually hard when returning from a long trip.