Sober September 2017

Replies

• dearb1
    dearb1 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm in being doing it since 1 September plus 2 ltrs water; log MFP under 1200 calories per day and minimum of 30 minutes of exercise
  • qwebster01
    qwebster01 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm in. Alcohol is fattening. It's making my weight loss slower than it should be.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    I feel good about this week but am a little nervous about Thursday. I am getting my hair done and they always offer "free" wine. Not going to lie, it does help the two hours go by. But I need to get out of that mindset and hold onto that willpower.
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    I feel good about this week but am a little nervous about Thursday. I am getting my hair done and they always offer "free" wine. Not going to lie, it does help the two hours go by. But I need to get out of that mindset and hold onto that willpower.

There are plenty of other people who opt against the free wine and get water or coffee :) having a clear head will help you concentrate on getting your hair beautiful...
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Weekends are still the hardest for me. I've been quitting/abstaining/moderating for a little over two years now. When I went 90 days without a drink I felt the best I've ever felt and never had to fight off the urge to drink in the last 60 days of that quit. It was an awesome feeling! There were still thoughts, but they were fleeting lasting only a second or two.

So far this month I've had drink on three different occasions, but they were not because I felt that I "needed" a drink, it was moderate drinking with a self-imposed limit. I do great on a ketogenic diet and wine and beer don't figure into that. Lost ten pounds in the past three months which, for me, is great! I'm exercising weekly, walking daily, and enjoying life without booze pulling me down.

That said, my best weeks are those that I don't drink and when I do feel like drinking on the weekend, I have some ice cream and head to bed early. For whatever reason, that works for me.

Forums like this and newdayforme.org help me stay in the groove by recognizing that I'm not alone, that there is potential for a better way of living, and that moderation can work.
  • SRH671
    SRH671 Posts: 3 Member
    I really need to join this challenge! I don't keep wine in my house very often because it is too easy to come home after work and have a bottle. My issue is at my boyfriend's house. He enjoys buying wine for me and always keeps some for when I visit. So, I am always tempted to have a glass or two after work before going home especially when work has been very stressful. Kinda defeats the purpose of not keeping it at my house if I just go to his instead. :blush:
  • PurpleLavender77
    You all are so inspiring!
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    I almost slipped up before. I had the wine glass out, looked at my stomach, and back went the wine glass into the cabinet.

Good job! When I am not drinking alcohol I drink water out of my wine glass. Makes me get up more to refill the glass and there is something about drinking from a wine glass or cute coffee cup i love. I like your name. I love to knit and quilt, tried to crochet but I always go back to knitting.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Still going strong. I said I was not going to drink during the week, and last week I had a couple of drinks on Saturday. Made a better decision about what to drink as well. Vodka, Soda, and fresh lime juice.
    I feel much better not drinking.
    Hopefully we do not have any plans this weekend, so I can go a complete week without drinking.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Doing great everyone!!
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
    Had a strong sober saturday but haven't done well since. Nothing crazy just not 100% AF. Fighting the cravings now. Anybody out there?
  • PurpleLavender77
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    Had a strong sober saturday but haven't done well since. Nothing crazy just not 100% AF. Fighting the cravings now. Anybody out there?

Reducing and being aware is a great first step. How other your other health goals going? I find the more I focus on working out and being healthy, I am less tempted or interested in drinking.