Best protein bars?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited September 2017
    I like the low GI Think Thin protein bars. They are Gluten Free and don't give me any GI troubles afterwards.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Caramel. Have one for breakfast most weekday mornings.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    I second Pure Protein.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Robert Irvine sells some called Fit Crunch. The peanut butter and chocolate ones are the best of any brand I've tried so far.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    I've been through several brands over the years, Pure Protein, Detour, Quest, whatever that stuff is that Kirkland started putting out, but my new favorite is Chef Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm in Australia so dont have the variety you guys have. But my faves are:

Quest Double chocolate chunk

Myprotein- My bar zero

Both taste a hundred times better and have a nicer consistency if microwaved for 12 seconds. But you could leave yours sitting on the dashboard of your car and get get the same result :lol:
  • stun86ner
    stun86ner Posts: 1 Member
    for me, the best bar is Grenade Carb Killa. They are amazing, kind of like a cookie with a caramel layer wrapped in white chocolate, peanut butter, or chocolate. They're just getting popular here in the US, as they are a product of the Netherlands I believe..try them out, delicious! https://www.grenade.com/us/grenade-carb-killa
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I'm big on trying to avoid a lot of the crap that is in those bars. My favorites are Perfect Bars (need to be refrigerated), RX bars and Zing Lemon Cashew bars. The perfect bars have just over 300 calories and around 16 grams of protein. These all have more sugar that I'd like, but I'm not a fan of fake sugar.

I can never find these
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    I enjoy a ONE bar on occasion when I'm short on time. My favorite is peanut butter pie and second runner up is blueberry cobbler
  • shipleyamye
    shipleyamye Posts: 54 Member
    Simply Protein
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Pure Protein for me. About $1.50 per bar at the Kroger, but at Target you can get a box of 12 for about $12 (a buck a bar) so cheaper. I eat one every other day.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I love Quest bats; a bit dear but tasty. I've heard a lot positive about Costco's Kirkland protein bars, but they still don't carry them here in UK Costco.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I have tried Quest Bars several times and I am just not a fan. The texture is a little dense and chewy for me. Same with the Kirkland brand bars. Maybe it's because I have braces, but I find them both difficult to chew. My go-to favorites are Think Thin Brownie Crunch and Pure Protein Deluxe Chocolate because I prefer the texture.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Clif bars!! White Chocolate Macadamia, Oatmeal raisin walnut, Blueberry crisp, Crunchy peanutbutter, chocolate chip. Those are my faves. I have one in the morning before breakfast when I take my son to preschool . Thats when I do my walks gor a good hour or more. So I slways have some in the stroller and I eat aftet i drop him off and continue walking pushing my other toddler..they are fast ,easy ,yummy and hold me over till my breakfast smoothie. Usually about 230 cals to 260. I buy the box of 6 for around $4.49 or so at my grocery store WINco.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Not a protein bar, but the basic Clif bars are $1-$1.20 per 250-270 calorie bar (I usually have half with either yogurt or peanut butter). They do have added protein, but not as much as a 'protein bar'.. but are a little closer to a granola bar in taste and texture rather than a paste-like texture. They also have much more fiber than almost all protein bars. And way cheaper.

Special K makes a Fiber 1 bar with added protein (you can find them near the granola bars rather than the protein bar section... with pricing closer to name brand granola bars rather than the $2+ pricing of protein bars). Kind of a candy bar with lots of nuts in taste/texture.

I think the think thin bars were a bit cheaper than most protein bars last I checked. . Closer to a wafer cookie in texture.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    And Jif makes 8-packs of individual cups of peanut butter that are easy to stash in a bag with the bars. I like to dip the bars in the peanut butter (1/2 bar + 1/2 PB is comparable in calories to 1 bar) if I'm a bit low on fat for the day.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Quest Cookie Dough and Mint Chocolate Chunk! Pure Protein Salted Caramel is really good too?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Quest: White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, & Cookies & Cream
    OhYeah: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with the chocolate coating & the one without is good
    Mybar: Confetti Cake
    Dymatize: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter (tasted like fudge) & found these for a short time at Big Lots for $0.70 a bar.

The current brand I've been eating everyday for breakfast is Power Bar (it has more sugar than most of the other protein bars on the market, but price wise it's cheap at the Grocery Outlet).

I've been getting boxes anywhere from $1.75-$4.99 for around 6-15 bars depending on the price.

The Cookies & Cream, Vanilla, & Peanut Butter Caramel are solid purchases.
  • Mika1221
    Mika1221 Posts: 12 Member
    I go for the Gatorade whey protein bars.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I am not a protein bar person, but I am in emergency management. So I am always looking for something that is high in protein and easy to put in emergency kits.

I found these at an event...they are really good. We showed them at an event and even kids came back for second helpings.

https://betsysrealfood.com

2vdcvput7f1o.jpg