What are your fitness goals?

I've been trying to decide lately what my specific fitness goals are, so it has me curious: what are yours?

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    When I really started focusing on fitness, I signed up for a few different events. I completed a Warrior Dash a few weeks ago. I am doing Insane Inflatables with my stepson (goal is keeping up with him even though it's just for fun) next month. My 'big goal' is that I am registered for a 10k in Nov.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    Hoping to ride another Petite Year Round Randonneur in the next Audax season (November to October).

If all goes well, hoping to ride a Super Randonneur Series next season too. I've done a lot of them in the past, but have had trouble getting past 400 km in the last couple years. So we'll see.

And then hopefully a 1000 km and a 1200 km in the next couple years. It would be great to do those distance again. :)

Plus a cycle up Mt Wellington at least once more!

Maybe more, but those are probably the main ones. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10366563/ultradistance-cycling#latest
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Lose another 20-30 pounds then maintain.
    Continue exercise daily and healthier eating style.
    Be able to become an avid runner that can enter marathons.

Right now it's hard for me to run. I'm pushing myself. Finally found a pair of shoes that doesn't give me shin splints and now it's just a matter of losing weight and building up to running longer amounts of time!
  • Lose another 20-30 pounds then maintain.
    Continue exercise daily and healthier eating style.
    Be able to become an avid runner that can enter marathons.

Right now it's hard for me to run. I'm pushing myself. Finally found a pair of shoes that doesn't give me shin splints and now it's just a matter of losing weight and building up to running longer amounts of time!

Oh what shoes!? I have high arches and tend to roll my feet outward and often have shin splint issues, especially after running on treadmills. I recently read that I should put the treadmill on at least a .5% incline, as running on a flat treadmill is basically like running on a decline, which is super hard on the shin muscles. I'm going to try that next time, but I will still take shoe recommendations!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    at the moment to PB a 10k race i have on 5th november.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    To not look like I look now lol
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    at the moment to PB a 10k race i have on 5th november.

My very first 10k is on Nov 5th, too! I just want to finish it (which I suppose with be a personal best for me regardless)! :-)
  • RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Do a half marathon in 1hr 45m or less, got the Bham one in October this year
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    I would love to be able to do a planche and human flag. These are long term goals.

Short term goal is to master a one handed handstand and also be able to hold a straight stand for 1 minute. I reckon with daily practice these will be mastered by the end of the year.
  • stephaniedenise28
    stephaniedenise28 Posts: 104 Member
    I am aiming at a strongwoman competition in November, though its not looking likely, I cant get a lot of the weights off the floor yet :D
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    I have a few goals right now:
    • Get to 20% body fat (about 25 lbs away)
    • Start going on backpacking adventures
    • Run a half marathon in under 2 hours next fall
    • Be able to do consecutive pull-ups
  • KaleidoscopeEyes8
    KaleidoscopeEyes8 Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2017
    Zeuggma wrote: »

That's kind of one of mine too. A couple of months ago I was around 21.5%, but it's that last ~2% that's going to be the hardest, I'm sure. I don't have a regular way to measure it either, so that's kind of what is stopping it from being a tangible goal for me.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Ptarmigan Traverse.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Lower my body fat to reveal abs.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Zeuggma wrote: »

That's kind of one of mine too. A couple of months ago I was around 21.5%, but it's that last ~2% that's going to be the hardest, I'm sure. I don't have a regular way to measure it either, so that's kind of what is stopping it from being a tangible goal for me.

I've never been particularly thin, so this is a rather ambitious goal for me. However, my gym has an in-body machine available to members, so I check on that every 4-6 weeks or so.

Good luck to you and let me know how it goes!
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    I want to be stronger, I want to able to do real push ups and pull ups, strengthen my core
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I've just completed my goal for the year, a double marathon; Saturday and Sunday. I've got two more marathons and a nighttime half before the end of the season though.

For next season I'm undecided at the moment. Possible goals are a 50 miler, or longer doubles. To an extent all of my marathons next season should be an improvement on this year. I was very ill in February, which disrupted my training badly and I've still not really recovered from, so I'll take January off from running to recover from the season, before picking up my mileage again.

I've already booked one marathon for next year, and will probably book another six towards the end of the month.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Double marathon is a hell of an achievement!