Aspartame in diet sodas causes diabets and weight gain?!

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    edited September 2017
    I went to a family reunion. Those that grabbed a diet coke can were overweight or obese. Those that grabbed bottled water were thin or normal weight. No exceptions.
    .... there has to be something to this. Taste buds, gut flora, craving for sweets? Or simply that people that choose water have a healthier life attitude? It could take decades to find out.

Maybe they choose water to nourish their body and that thinking leads to a healthier body.
    * Those that drink water have always been normal body weight.

Science will tell us iun a few decades.... WHY? Could it be that those that cannot handle drinking even one glass of water have a tastebud issue?

so by this line of reasoning if everyone at the party who wore a red shirt was fat, red shirts makes people fat?

OMG you didn't know that about red shirts?! (<-humor warning, just in case).

That's not what red shirts do.

Go back and re-watch your Star Trek. :lol:

ETA oops, late to that party. :confounded:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I went to a family reunion. Those that grabbed a diet coke can were overweight or obese. Those that grabbed bottled water were thin or normal weight. No exceptions.
    .... there has to be something to this. Taste buds, gut flora, craving for sweets? Or simply that people that choose water have a healthier life attitude? It could take decades to find out.

Maybe they choose water to nourish their body and that thinking leads to a healthier body.

Science will tell us iun a few decades.... WHY? Could it be that those that cannot handle drinking even one glass of water have a tastebud issue?

so by this line of reasoning if everyone at the party who wore a red shirt was fat, red shirts makes people fat?

OMG you didn't know that about red shirts?! (<-humor warning, just in case).

They're also an acute health hazard.

This was my immediate thought too!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »

Aspartame has been on the market for about 35 years (maybe more, but I remember first seeing Equal as the hot new 0 calorie sweetener about that long ago). Science has been studying for longer than that. If there were a clear link, especially a causality, between aspartame and weight gain, cancer, or any other doomsayer's calamity of choice, I think that it would have shown up by now.

Did you request your gumballs when it first came out?
  • earlnabby wrote: »
    so now its diet sodas that cause cancer and other health risks? a few months ago it was sugar and carbs causing it.

I'm just waiting for the "protein is the debil" to start so we can go full circle.

thats next month or the month after
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    so now its diet sodas that cause cancer and other health risks? a few months ago it was sugar and carbs causing it.

I'm just waiting for the "protein is the debil" to start so we can go full circle.

Didn't you know the protein damages the kidneys?

AND IT SPIKES INSULIN!!! (j/k)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I feel this thread has moved onto newer pastures

I'm glad that we've at least milked it for what it's worth.