Wild Rose Cleanse

I'm considering doing the 12-day Wild Rose Cleanse and looking for feedback from anyone who has done this. I have never done anything like it before and would love to hear other people's experience with it.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Why are you doing a cleanse? What is it supposed to clean?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Woo. There is nothing in your body that needs cleansing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    What is the purpose?
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Save your money. Your liver and kidneys do all the cleansing your body needs.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Oh no, not another "cleanse"
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    lol I don't think this is the place to ask about any cleanses or detoxes.. as far as I'm concerned they are unnecessary and are used by people who are impatient.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    You should stick with never have done anything like this before - or in the future. You'll be much better off that way.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Just dont
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    This is a really bad idea...

From the website:

"Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox is a 12-day cleanse program expertly formulated by Master herbalist Dr Terry Willard and has been widely used in clinics in Canada for over 35 years. This complete 4-part detoxification system is designed to clean the liver, colon, kidneys and lymphatic system when used in conjunction with the recommended diet."

The diet prohibits dairy, gluten and alcohol

The supplements:

"Biliherb
    Detoxifies and strengthens liver function†
    Master herb is Radish which along with Dandelion stimulates bile flow to help eliminate toxins†

Cleansaherb
    Cleanse the blood stream, muscle tissue and lymphatic system of toxic waste and metabolic by-products†
    Supporting herbs are selected for their diuretic and soothing properties†

CL Herbal Extract
    Focuses on elimination of toxins through the urinary system†
    Master herb is Licorice which is a master detoxifier and diuretic†"

Laxaherb
    Provides natural cleansing or 'laxative' effect upon the intestinal tract†
    Master herb is Yellow Dock along with Buckthorn and Rhubarb have laxative functions†

• thunderchild007
    thunderchild007 Posts: 43 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm considering doing the 12-day Wild Rose Cleanse and looking for feedback from anyone who has done this. I have never done anything like it before and would love to hear other people's experience with it.

The beauty of "cleanse" marketing in general is they tell you ahead of time that you will feel like crap and have digestive problems. They tell you those are symptoms of detox, but they are really a symptom of taking a laxative while undereating and probably going through caffeine withdrawal.

Are you looking for a jumpstart? Do you feel heavy and tired and want to shake yourself up and get heading in the right direction? Here is my FREE 6 step plan for you:
    1. Set up your profile here and say you want to lose 1 lb per week.
    2. Log onto Amazon and spend $15 on a digital food scale with a flat tray and tare function.
    3. Go to the Success & Motivation forum here and start reading about all the people who changed their lives and health by eating everything in moderation and logging.
    4. Start logging your food accurately and consistently.
    5. If you need some kind of "event" to kick things off, toss any foods you have in the house that you can't control yourself with, and spend a little time creating a grocery list that will set you up for success. Feel free to wear a tiara or party dress while you do this.
    6. Dance around the living room knowing you feel a million times better than you would if you were in the middle of some "cleanse".

^^this^^
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Cleanses are politely named laxative abuse.

When you unintentionally start pooping your brains out, you generally consider that a bad thing, right? So why is it suddenly good when you plan it in advance?

True, it probably wouldn't sell as well if they called it "Planned Pooping".
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2017
    "Wild Rose Gut-ache" sounds much more honest than cleanse.