Gall bladder removal ~ adipex

Wondering if anyone is taking adipex after Gall Bladder removal? I had mine removed 15 years ago and still struggle with weight loss....10x the struggle it used to be. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I had my gall bladder removed 17 years ago, and I have lost weight without any problems. What do you find difficult?
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    I'm confused why gall bladder removal and adipex would be related?!

I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago and have lost 40 pounds over the last year.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Get a food scale. Honestly, it changes everything. Focus on healthy foods. Lean proteins. I'm watching my saturated fat intake and it helps me slow down my pizza and hot dog consumption.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    I had my gall bladder removed 17 years ago, and I have lost weight without any problems. What do you find difficult?
    I'm confused why gall bladder removal and adipex would be related?!

I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago and have lost 40 pounds over the last year.

Ditto. Gall bladder removal had zero impact on my weight loss.
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Whatever is affecting your weight loss, it likely isn't your gallbladder. Had mine removed 20+ years ago and now that I am logging and weighing, and being careful about portion size, I'm losing steadily. And really, that is the only key to this - not taking any sort of pill or supplement - just log everything and watch what you eat. I'm not even exercising right now, other than whatever steps I take during the day. If you want this to stick for the long-term you need to be all about slow and steady, not any sort of quick fix.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    The only time my gallbladder had any bearing on my weight loss was when I stopped eating because I was afraid that something would trigger another attack.

Looking at your diary I would hazard to guess that you are eating more calories than you think you are eating because there seems to be a lot of takeaway and generic entries and not much evidence of weighing your portions.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I peeked at your diary (it was mentioned in the thread) - and I have an additional question - how are your energy levels? You spend a lot of your calories on not so nutritious food, and with such a low allowance as 1200, you really have to take some extra care to get in what you need. All is up to you, of course, but not losing weight is always down to not being in a calorie deficit, and hunger makes it difficult to be able to stay in a calorie deficit, and enough nutritious food is what helps with hunger, so it's more likely this, than the lack of gallbladder, that makes you struggle with weightloss.

Don't take diet pills. I didn't mention it at first, as I thought it was implied, but feel I have to explicitly say it - just don't.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    I had my gallbladder removed in the middle of my weight loss (not weight loss induced gallstones, but rather adenomyomatosis from the previous lifestyle). That was a couple of years ago; I'm now in maintenance at 1/3 lower body weight.

Weight can be challenging for anyone, but many report more difficulty as we age (I'm 61). Most of that additional difficulty has to do with having gradually lost muscle mass, and having become less active in diverse ways in entrenched daily life habits (more sitting, less moving).

Both of those can be countered by strength-building exercise, getting adequate protein (plus good overall nutrition generally) and consciously adding non-exercise movement throughout the day (plus exercise).

Beyond that, it's all about honestly and accurately reducing calories consumed so they're below calories expended, including any "cheat meals" or over-goal days.