dreading the scales

I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, I feel nervous about it, a part of me is excited but the other is wanting to get a sledge hammer lol

Replies

• IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    I stopped weighing myself and it feels so great to not be obsessed with a number. I don't know when I will weigh myself again but I am taking measurements. I should mention I am at my goal weight but haven't increased my calories yet. So most likely I will lose not gain.
  • kmr0293
    kmr0293 Posts: 50 Member
    I feared the scales and gained 75 pounds. #canyousaydenial. Never again.
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    I totally know what you mean and have been there. There have been times I have stepped on a scale twice in one day (gotta love seeing the doctor) with two slightly different weight measurements. Part of this was because I had just finished off a bottle of water.

I know I am working hard and eating right. The point for me is to check in every 2-2.5 weeks and see if that number has gone down even a little. It's more about a relative check in. I see changed in how much I can lift at the gym and how my clothes are subtly getting baggier. It's all about baby steps and patience.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    Assuming you are trying to lose, are you sure it's working? Maybe stay away.

OTOH- the number on the scale is just feedback. It's data. Make yourself a chart and have a controlled, consistent WI 1X per week. All you need is a downward trend on your chart and time. Try to avoid any time related goals or expectations. Try to do things during the week that you think will result in a loss at WI. Any loss. There is no such thing as "only lost."

But 2 things. Very few, if any, human undertakings track on a straight line. And few people are will to allow for time. Don't be like that.
  • kristie8351
    kristie8351 Posts: 28 Member
    Thankyou all so much, you all put it into perspective...

I jumped on this morning for the first time in a long time, and stared at it, realised I lost weight. So that made me smile..i don't want to get obsessed like I have in the past, so IT'S ONLY A NUMBER! I keep trying to tell myself. But yes I want to not jump on for at least a week minimum. Realising that it is going to take time, I am though appreciating the extra energy atm.